PDA

View Full Version : Frame in front of a scrolling text

sonata31
February 15th, 2008, 04:19 AM
How put a frame in front of a button component AvidUtils:text string with auto-scroll ?

Rob H
February 15th, 2008, 04:42 AM
What I do in this situation is hide the scrolling text while the frame is displayed - if you're using the FramePopups classes to cause the frame to display then you can add a hidden state to the scrolling text (or a frame that holds the scrolling text) which has a rule of "PopupActive is 1"

sonata31
February 15th, 2008, 05:02 AM
What I do in this situation is hide the scrolling text while the frame is displayed - if you're using the FramePopups classes to cause the frame to display then you can add a hidden state to the scrolling text (or a frame that holds the scrolling text) which has a rule of "PopupActive is 1"

I would like to see the scrolling texte when the frame is visible

Rob H
February 15th, 2008, 05:18 AM
I'm fairly sure that this is not possible due to the way that controls from plugins are rendered (after all internal controls). Does the text have to scroll while the frame is displayed? If not then you could have a second frame that is normally hidden, with a built-in text control. You would switch between them when PopupActive changes from 0 to 1.

mhwlng
February 15th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I think that if you only use state frames with non-transparent background, then z-ordering should work ok (because then each will be rendered in their own window) ?

so you can't have a transparent scrolling text...

Marcel

Rob H
February 15th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Good point, I'd forgotten that one.

sonata31
February 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I'm fairly sure that this is not possible due to the way that controls from plugins are rendered (after all internal controls). Does the text have to scroll while the frame is displayed? If not then you could have a second frame that is normally hidden, with a built-in text control. You would switch between them when PopupActive changes from 0 to 1.

Yes the text have to scroll while the frame is displayed