View Full Version : GAC+ Help needed

March 10th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I am moving all my GAC over to the newer GAC+ and have almost everything working except for one of the functions I enjoy on my old skin.

I have a button that will list in the old GAC browser all albums that are from the currently playing artist. The actions to do that were:

Set variable to value (MP.GACCount,8;Set GAC count)
Set variable to value (MP.GACStart,0;Set it back to 0)
Set variable to value (MP.GACSize,S;Set GAC image size)
Set variable to value (MP.GACScheme,Media Library\Audio\Artist/Album\{MP.Artist};Set GAC Parent)
Execute a GAC request (GAC {MP.GACScheme} {MP.GACStart} {MP.GACCount} {MP.GACSize})

I am basically using the code from the new-pro_480x640.ccf but I can't quite get this one converted over to use.

So for all you GAC experts out there is there anyway to do the same thing to the new-pro_480x640.ccf style GAC's?

Thanks for any help

March 11th, 2008, 05:05 AM
This may be a long way around, i have chopped it out of a more complicated .lua.
Also it might be a good idea to wait for an expert to comment but this works for me.

I set up my GAC like this;

MyGacs.Library.Album = GAC:new{var='LIBAlbum',includeSubItemCount=0,image Size='M',fields='Album,Artist,VariousArtists',coun t=MyVars.AlbumSize, useGP = 1,clearOnChange=1}
MyGacs.Library.Album:SetScheme('Media Library\\Audio\\Album')
then request the albums from a given artist with this;

if name == 'Various' then
LibDisplay.Various = true
MyGacs.Library.Album:GoScheme('Media Library\\Audio\\VAAlbum\\Various')
MyGacs.Library.Album:GoScheme('Media Library\\Audio\\Artist\\'..name)
where i have previously defined the variables called in that code.

I wrote that a while ago, but as i remember the key to getting results was having the library paths well set up.

Hope that helps

March 11th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks but I figured it out.... even though I swear I tried this already but I must have had a typo the first time. That will teach me to try something when I can't hardly keep my eyes open.

Just set the button to this if your using the New-Pro or Flat GAC setup:

Execute lua code (OnRelease) (mygacl:GoScheme("Media Library\\Audio\\Artist/Album\\{MP.Artist}"))