PDA

View Full Version : Where is help for v3.3?

Wysocki
March 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I have v3.3 running on an old computer that just does some very basic automation actions. I need to add a small IR operation to it and really don't need any more features that an upgrade to the newer versions would provide. However, the HELP on the menu takes me to the online help file which doesn't exist where it should be. Where can I get the help file for v3.3?

Basically, I've added a usb-uirt to the computer and all I want to do is to have another application tell Girder to send out a few IR codes. Command line based or otherwise.

johnp
March 14th, 2008, 09:18 AM
What other / third party program are you wanting to use? Many third party apps like Cinemar's Main Lobby have direct Girder support.

you can also look at this post...

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10004&highlight=event.exe+silent

Wysocki
March 15th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I was thinking of using RoadRunner (found in the mp3car.com forums), a multimedia controller front end actually designed for car PCs. I use it in my car and it's great. Very flexible and easy to use. Most importantly, it's freeware. I'm creating this system for a non-profit org that doesn't have much to spend on software so that's why I'm using an old Girder and looking for freeware options. Roadrunner can execute other apps so I guess I'll use the event.exe you refer to in order to trigger the IR blasts. I'm not sure if it works directly with Girder or not, but I'll look into that too.