PDA

View Full Version : Daemn Tools Plugin?

Beamer
March 15th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Can any one tell me if a plugin is still available for daemon tools?

I have looked in the plugin folder and also on the plugin page of this site.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Beamer

blubberhoofd
March 16th, 2008, 09:58 AM
hi,

there's no need for an actual Deamontools plugin. Scripting allows for al the functionality needed.

example for unmounting the first deamontool virtual drive:

win.ShellExecuteEx("C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\daemon.exe", " -unmount 0", "C:\\", win.SW_SHOWNORMAL)

Beamer
March 16th, 2008, 11:55 AM
hi,

there's no need for an actual Deamontools plugin. Scripting allows for al the functionality needed.

example for unmounting the first deamontool virtual drive:

win.ShellExecuteEx("C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools\\daemon.exe", " -unmount 0", "C:\\", win.SW_SHOWNORMAL)

Many thanks for your response. I was hoping that a script might already exist but it seems that's not the case and that the plugin referenced in the forum sometime ago has been withdrawn. Do you by any chance have any more script examples ;-)

Thanks again

blubberhoofd
March 17th, 2008, 12:59 PM
hi,

It would be helpfull if you describe what functionality you are looking for.

anyway here's an example for mounting a file:

pld1 = 'd:\\pc games\\lost.iso'
local file = pld1
local quote = "\""

if file ~= nil then print('mounting: '..file)

win.ShellExecuteEx("C:\\Program Files\\DAEMON Tools Lite\\daemon.exe", " -mount 0,"..quote..file..quote, "C:\\", win.SW_SHOWNORMAL)

else print('no file or payload!')
end

you can just remove the first line of the script if you're planning to use an internal girder event or event.exe to deliver a payload.

Beamer
March 17th, 2008, 01:16 PM
hi,

It would be helpfull if you describe what functionality you are looking for.

I have a disk with around 200 films in ISO format. I was hoping to be able to select and mount films remotely but judging from the examples you have kindly supplied, it looks like a major task!

Thanks for the insight, I'm not sure I'm up to the task but appreciate your input.

blubberhoofd
March 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
hi,

using girder in combination with Meedio will work with the script I gave in my previous post.

Meedio sends a selected item to event.exe payload and girder will mount it.

check www.meediOS.com

Beamer
March 22nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
hi,

using girder in combination with Meedio will work with the script I gave in my previous post.

Meedio sends a selected item to event.exe payload and girder will mount it.

check www.meediOS.com

Thanks again for this valuable information. I have just started the download :)