PDA

View Full Version : NRD group copy/paste bug

vitello
March 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
There is a minor bug in NRD concerning copying and them pasting a frame with buttons. When I paste a frame with buttons, the buttons are grouped with the frame and can't be individually sepected graphically. If I UnGroup the frame containing the buttons, then the frame gets deleted leaving the buttons. I found that if I then did an Undo I got the frame back with the buttons, and now the buttons are not Grouped and can be individually selected.

Peter

harleydude
March 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I have encountered this as well.

jwilson56
March 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I mentioned this way back... what I end up doing is saving the CCF after then close then re-open it and then it will work.

John

Rob H
March 17th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Hmm.. I can't reproduce this here with the latest version of the code, perhaps this means that it's already been fixed.

jwilson56
March 17th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I am using 1.1.0.45 and it happened like 3 times yesterday while working on Now Playing 2008

John

vitello
March 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Rob,

I'm also using 1.1.0.45 and the problem is still here. Is there a newer version than 1.1.0.45 that you are using?

Peter

Rob H
March 18th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I'm using the dev version here - there will undoubtedly be a new release of that fairly soon, but probably not until we've released a sufficiently stable NR.

Rob H
April 17th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Can you guys check whether this still happens for you in 1.1.0.48?

Thanks.

vitello
April 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Rob,

I'm still getting this problem in 1.1.0.48.

Peter

Rob H
April 18th, 2008, 03:02 AM
And I still can't reproduce it - can you give me step-by-step instructions to reproduce it? Ideally with a sample CCF that shows the problem.

vitello
April 18th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Rob,

I played around with this bug and I can see why you had problems reproducing it. Whether the pasted result is grouped or ungrouped depends both on where the frame is copied from and where it is copied to. Check out the following on the attached ccf.

In the Home page if you select the Driveway frame and copy it there is no problem pasting either to the back ground or to the large grey frame. After pasting all components are not grouped and can be individually selected.

If you copy from a different page the result is ungrouped if copied to the background and grouped if copied to a frame. Go to New Page, copy the Driveway frame, go back to the Home page, select the large grey frame, and now paste. This time the paste has everything grouped. Select the Driveway frame you just pasted and click on Ungroup. The Driveway frame should vanish leaving the components. Unfortunately Undo works too well now and just un-does the Ungroup command. Before the frame would be correctly ungrouped after an Undo.

I hope this is clear enough.

Peter

Rob H
April 19th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks, that helped a lot!

Not only can I reproduce it, but I've fixed it :)

In case you're interested, when you pasted an element it was updating the ParentElement which was supposed to update the Page property in turn, however it was inadvertently updating the private page field (difference in case), which meant that it wasn't updating the pages of children of the frame. This meant that as far as NRD was concerned the containing frame belonged to the current page, but all the children still belonged to the old page!

vitello
April 19th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Rob,

Great. You guys are making fantastic progress.

Peter