PDA

View Full Version : Easy Menu?

theguywiththefunnyhair
April 9th, 2008, 08:51 AM
With the release of NR test pilot 2.0.0.116** the .ccf i've been working on is pretty much working. It's an attempt to simplify the creation of a complex (or simple) menu system for a remote control.

I'm not sure how successful i have been at keeping it simple, it all makes sense to me but then i wrote it so that probably doesn't count for much.

The idea is you would open this .ccf instead of a blank one and edit the menu table in the .Lua file and the names of the corresponding frames on the .ccf, making these 2 small changes provides a ready made fully customized navigation menu system

You have a root menu with all of your devices listed, then a menu for each device listing the available pages for that device, and finally a menu for each page you go to.

This may (or may not) be useful for someone with little time and a big .ccf to create.

:)For this Demo .ccf the 'HOME' button is a bit hard to see, its the bottom left hand corner of the .ccf, use it to get back to the root menu from each device.

** will not work with versions prior to 2.0.0.116

ajocius
April 10th, 2008, 04:13 AM
That's a great idea! Is it supposed to work with earlier versions? I have 2.0.0.99, but it just gave me error message and did not open.

theguywiththefunnyhair
April 10th, 2008, 04:23 AM
That's a great idea! Is it supposed to work with earlier versions? I have 2.0.0.99, but it just gave me error message and did not open.

Will definitely NOT work with anything before 2.0.0.116.