PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote Designer doesn't show my Girder or MediaBridge instances.

Grassrootz
April 16th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Well just like the title says... I'm not sure whats wrong. I have disabled the windows firewall and tested the connection from within NetRemote which always passes. I am running Girder 5 and MediaBridge on Vista 32bit. I don't have any problems using my old CCF file all of the commands work but today I wanted to tweak my CCF file but I don't see any of my instances. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Grassrootz
April 17th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Can anyone out there help me? Did I make myself clear in my question? Please help I can't create any new or edit my actions on my CCF file.

Rob H
April 17th, 2008, 12:51 PM
What versions of NRD and NR are you running?

Since you're running on Vista you could try disabling UAC (if you haven't done so already).

NRD uses COM as well as sockets to talk to NR, perhaps the NR COM object wasn't registered correctly. You could try reinstalling NR.

Grassrootz
April 17th, 2008, 01:29 PM
What versions of NRD and NR are you running?

Since you're running on Vista you could try disabling UAC (if you haven't done so already).

NRD uses COM as well as sockets to talk to NR, perhaps the NR COM object wasn't registered correctly. You could try reinstalling NR.

I'm using NetRemote-Suite-2.0.0.103. I have UAC suppressed using TweakUAC However, I will try with UAC completely disabled.

I don't think NRD has a problem talking to the NR pc client. It's talking to the MediaBridge and Girder Server which resides on a different PC. But I can reinstall the Suite on the PC I am using to edit my CCF file.

Rob H
April 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Try build 118 which you can download from http://www.promixis.com/forums/showpost.php?p=126153&postcount=258

And also try NRD 1.1.0.48 from first thread in the NetRemote Designer forum

Grassrootz
April 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Try build 118 which you can download from http://www.promixis.com/forums/showpost.php?p=126153&postcount=258

And also try NRD 1.1.0.48 from first thread in the NetRemote Designer forum

Rob,

I downloaded this version and installed but now it's telling me my key is invalid and won't let me into the program.

Rob H
April 18th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Is that NR or NRD you're talking about? There have been no changes to the registration code support in NR that I'm aware of, and NRD no longer requires a license.

Grassrootz
April 18th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Is that NR or NRD you're talking about? There have been no changes to the registration code support in NR that I'm aware of, and NRD no longer requires a license.

Well the computer I have NRD and NR PC is not available at the moment but I just installed the same package and tried to register with my same serial number on a different pc and NRD keeps rejecting my information but the same information worked with NR

Im not sure which version of NRD Im supposed to be using but that link you gave me to the Suite downloaded NRD NetRemote-Designer-49 is that the right one?

Rob H
April 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
No, that's an old one - try this http://promixis.s3.amazonaws.com/NetRemote-Designer-1.1.0.48.exe

Grassrootz
April 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Ok thanks for the links Rob.

I have tried it and still the same results this is from a completley different pc now. Here is a screenshot I think that would best explain what I see.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3842/nrdyu3.jpg

I remember in the past when it did work that I could see the HOST name along with all the plugins I had loaded in Girder.

Rob H
April 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I think that was dropped a while ago, not entirely sure why.

Grassrootz
April 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I think that was dropped a while ago, not entirely sure why.

Hey Rob what part was dropped a while ago? Judging by that screenshot shouldn't you be able to see all my plugins under Girder such as Theatertek or USB-UIRT or anything else that I have installed? Even the port that's listed there is wrong I have Girder running on 2005. What's wrong with my configuration? I am unable to click on a button on my CCF file then go to the action tab and select say TheaterTek plugin and choose the play or pause function. I'm trying to figure out why that is missing?

Grassrootz
April 18th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Well I'm at a loss here I don't know whats wrong but I can't connect with NRD to my instances of Girder or MB. However NR sends the events just fine. Now one time earlier when I messing around with Girder I noticed in NRD there was a new thing that said Failed to connect to HTCP (which is the server name) But I never was able to repeat that message again. I am running all of the versions suggested by Rob previously now.

Again my setup:
(HTPC)Vista 32bit = Girder 5 and Media Bridge

(Workstation)XPSP2 = NetRemote and Netremote Designer

I would really appreciate anyone who has any ideas or tips they could share. If I had to guess I'd say I didn't have this problem when Girder and MB were running on XP MCE 2005

Rob H
April 19th, 2008, 02:16 AM
It was the host name part that was dropped, but you should certainly be able to see the loaded GMLs in Girder.

I don't have a Vista install to test on here, but I know Ron does.

Grassrootz
April 20th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Bumping for a problem still plaguing me.

Grassrootz
April 20th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Ok I was able to get that error message to come up and its highlighted in this picture...

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1600/nrderrornv5.jpg

any ideas? any reason this doesnt work well with G5 in Vista?

Rob H
April 21st, 2008, 04:43 AM
My inclination is to blame Vista - something is disrupting socket communications between NRD and G5. So firewalls would be a prime candidate. You said that you tried disabling the Windows firewall - is that on both PCs?

Grassrootz
April 21st, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hey Rob,

Yes I have the firewalls disabled on both Vista and the XP machine where NRD and NR is located.

Is there a suggested guide on how to install/configure MB and Girder in Vista? I saw some post if you are running NRD on Vista to change the compatibility mode to XPsp2 and another setting which I have also tested and tried in Vista.

Is there nobody out there that has Girder running on Vista?

Grassrootz
June 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM
I would just like to give an update to this in case someone else runs into this issue.

The problem wasn't a problem at all other than the fact that I didn't realize that I had to have the PRO version of Girder in order to run the communication server which is used to communicate with Girder/Media Bridge through NetRemote Designer. I don't know if I missed this when I made my initial purchase or what but it wasn't documented well at the time of purchase otherwise I would have purchased the PRO version to start with. Thankfully, Promixis gave me a coupon for $50 off an upgrade to Pro so I wasn't out any money. I just wish Girder or NRD would throw up an error regarding the version conflict. Could have saved me lots of time. I can only assume that I was able to communicate initially during the trial period? Because I was able to make a few changes before it stopped working.

Anyways all is working concerning this issue now thanks.