PDA

View Full Version : Gateway for LonWORKS, EIB/KNX, EnOcean, MP-Bus, M-Bus, DALI .....

Manser
April 28th, 2008, 07:50 AM
The company WAGO www.wago.us manufacturer of building automation systems and products has a interesting system for all automation guru's.

The basic premise of the modular system is reflected in the support of numerous fieldbus systems. Depending on the application, it is possible to choose between fieldbus couplers and controllers for different protocols.

So if we once have a gateway to this wago controller which is working over the Modbus TCP protokoll we have access to the most popular automation systems.
(I only can talk for the European market)

They provide a dll / ActivX which is managing the communication between a third party application.

The question now: Is it possible to implement the access to this software from girder??

In the attachment you will find the description of the dll!!

Rob H
April 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM
It should be possible yes, either by writing a Girder plugin in C/C++ or by using luacom.

It might be better however to handle the Modbus protocol directly using a TCP socket.

Manser
April 28th, 2008, 08:15 AM
you mean "forget the dll and manage the protocol using lua socket and some luascripting" ??

Rob H
April 28th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Yes, pretty much, in the long run it would probably be more flexible, although I suspect it would be a lot more work.

I'm assuming that the ModBus protocol is not under Wago's control - I'm not sure whether their DLL requires their hardware or whether it's a generic solution.