PDA

View Full Version : Aavid Drop Down List Problem

dsmes
April 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I noticed that a animated frame (those tabs on the perimeter of the CCF page) will NOT cover an Aavid Drop Down List frame. But before I declare it a bug, I must admit that the drop-down list in the attached example uses the old IR_CODE action type with IR Name "StarMonth;LIST:StarMonthSelection" and Command = -1014, Data = 1, Parameter = 4.

When I tried to convert this to the new "Advanced Type" in the Component Menu of the Position/Advanced tab in NRD, I couldn't figure out which menu item to use. You see, the full name of the menu pick doesn't fit in the available window width and I'm not up to trying all six possible selections. What I was trying to determine is if things would work properly if I got rid of the IR_CODE way of defining it.

The NR variable list of drop-down items is in the Lua code of the "Jump to Test Page" button on the Home page. I'd appreciate seeing a CCF with the non IR_Code method. If this is obvious once the full Component Menu is viewable, that would be fine too.

NetRemote ver 2.0.1.124
NRD ver 1.1.0.50

Rob H
April 29th, 2008, 02:48 AM
It won't cover an AvidUtils windowed control of any kind if you have any alpha transparency in the animated frame (or any other frame).

You'll either need to ensure that there is no transparency or hide the AvidUtils control when the animated frame is activated.

In the meantime I'll see what I can do about accommodating longer variable names in the dropdowns.

dsmes
April 29th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks Rob. With all that drop-down talk, I'm glad you understood what I meant. And I'm fine with the solution you described.

Question- Is it OK to cut-n-paste from older CCFs that have the IR_CODE button definitions or will this cause problems? I figure, as long as it works, its OK. But maybe it isn't...

Rob H
April 29th, 2008, 05:41 AM
That should be fine yeah, but I'd recommend that you do change them sometime, we can't promise to support that format forever.

bl123
November 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty new to this - sorry if I missed the answer somewehere else... but I can't figure out how to get the list items to be more than two characters long. I am using "List Variable" mode and the variable I am using is a string such as "test1 / test2 / test3" (the docs say to use slash as a separator).

my drop-down list comes out like this:
es
1/
es
2/
es

any help would be appreciated -
Bill

Rob H
November 5th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Ah, I see what's wrong - the first character is the separator - in your case the letter 't'. Start the list with '/' and you should be fine

bl123
November 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Ah, I see what's wrong - the first character is the separator - in your case the letter 't'. Start the list with '/' and you should be fine

Ok that did the trick - thanks! Should I have found that somewhere in the documentation or is that a change that hasn't been documented yet?

Thanks again.
Bill

Rob H
November 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think it's new behaviour.

I'm not sure whether we still distribute Avid's original Word document in the NetRemote\docs folder, but it was described in there.