PDA

View Full Version : configure MCE remote v1?

Trevor
April 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie here :confused:
I believe my remote is an MCE v1 it looks simler to the one in this picture( except mine is gray not black)
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_pvr150mckit.html

I need some hand holding here :( , how do I set the remote up, I would like to set it up to where the green windows button doesn't launch media center but instead launch BeyondTV, and also map my video/ My Tv to corespond with recorded tv and live tv in beyondTV, also I would like to map the power button on the remote to shut down beyond tv not my pc.... please help , I'm a totle nube in this relm

And I doutd this is possable: Have my pc Detect where an Av switch on an external box (connected to my pc trough RCAs to my speaker Out, and the svideo on my video card to play video and sound on connected TV, I would like to detect if button is pressed on AV switch and if it that autmaticly change my monitor though the video card config applet to the TV , and when AV switch is not pressed then the monitor goes back to my pc monitor).
thanks for helping, in advance

Rasmus
May 7th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hey Trevor. Yesterday, I was in the same situation as you. What you need to do is download the MCE Replacement Driver (if you're running on Vista, find the Vista edition). After that, buy or try Girder. Next, google the MCE Remote Plugin for Girder (will work in 4.0 as well) and put the MceIR.dll in your Girder/Plugins folder. Start up Girder and begin programming :) Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.