PDA

View Full Version : Switch between monitors

paulbrannan
May 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I am using my laptop to display video on my LCD TV and wanted to set up hot keys to switch display between the two.

The keys I press are ctrl, alt and f1/f3 but I'm unsure as to what action I would select i girder to set this up.

Thanks in advance.

quixote
May 17th, 2008, 08:50 PM
It's in the Keyboard action folder on the left in the expert view. If you need more info, check the help file for the exact syntax.

paulbrannan
May 18th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Hi,

I had already checked there and the syntax I had was Ctrl Alt F1 but I couldnt get it working.
What am I to choose on the windowpicker bit?

Thanks

quixote
May 18th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Look again. Your syntax is incorrect. I don't know where you found that, but if you hit F1 and search for "keyboard action" you'll see that there are brackets in there and symbols are used for certain keys. As for window picking, try the desktop.

paulbrannan
May 18th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Ok, thanks for that. It appears to kinda be working in so much as the key presses happen but do not seem to concurrently.
What I need is the button presses to happen simultaneously. Is there a <and> command or something?

Ta

quixote
May 18th, 2008, 12:04 PM
What is the syntax you are using? You may have to play around with the targetting. Another thing you might try is "Command Capture".

paulbrannan
May 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
What I'm trying was
<RWIN> A
and targeted on the desktop as you suggested.

Tried the various targetting options and they just seem to invoke the start menu only though :confused:

quixote
May 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I thought it was Ctrl Alt F1 that you needed to use? Have you tried the command capture yet?

paulbrannan
May 19th, 2008, 06:49 AM
There are two things I want to do.
The first is ctrl,alt and f1 to swap monitors and then windows key and a to autohide the taskbar.

I will have a play with command capture and let you know how I get on.

Cheers