PDA

View Full Version : Igor plugin, remote setup - please help

karliz
May 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
Hello every one, yesterday i build Igor SFH-56 device wich works well, atleast hardware, i downloaded grider4 and igor plugin 1.15, software is runing, but i dont understand how to bind buttons on my remote so windows responds on them, i want to use winamp, and some other windows functions like arrow keys enter backspace etc..

Can any one give me some tutorial how to do it? or give a quick intro howto ?

btw nice software :)

edit: i use "shion" NSE urc22b-10 universal remote controller, because its universal, i think it should work..

karliz
May 23rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
wtf? is this forum dead or what ? so much wievs but no replay >.<

blubberhoofd
May 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM
hi,

make sure you're using the 'expert interface' (view menu)

open the 'logger' (view menu)

you'll see events being generated in the logger when pressing a button on the remote.

for controlling Winamp you can use the default GML.

just open C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder\GML\Winamp.gml from the file menu

in the expert interface you will see the 'action tree' of the opened GML's on the right.
You can drag events from the logger and attach them to one of the actions in the action tree.

hope this helps ;)

karliz
May 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
i see... but how can i know which task does what ? i added new remote, puted source "igor..." and pushed buttons and in loger i found out that i dont know which buton does what, please see screen below..

how can i see what task is on which button ? form first i pushed ?

i hope you understand what i mean - in log menu - source details, but no button name's..

blubberhoofd
May 24th, 2008, 03:11 AM
It seems that no events were generated by the IR receiver.

Make sure that the plugin is enabled.

make sure that the plugin's COM port settings are correct.

the input signal should be 'DCD'

BTW: there's no need to add a remote, you'll be able to use raw events from the remote.

karliz
May 24th, 2008, 06:48 AM
well it seems to me that every thing is ok (see screen below)

are any more plugins nececery to run this ? or only igor is nececery ? i`m asking because i have disabled some plugins..

ps what are "raw events from the remote." ? i thot that i have to bind remote buttons so i can sinhronise input from remote and grider output

blubberhoofd
May 25th, 2008, 06:18 AM
only, the igorplug plugin needs to be enabled.

In Girder 4 you have the option to 'add' a remote and create some config for it, all this is not needed.
All you really need are 'raw' events that are being generated by the input plugin.

there's one setting left to check:

go to file\settings\general settings and open the tab 'logger'

make sure that 'Girder events', 'Igor SFH-56 device' and the option 'Log triggered actions' are enabled.

karliz
May 25th, 2008, 07:09 AM
that option was enabled all the time but nothing happens.. even if i push all buttons on the remote nothing happens in loger..

pease see folowing attachment and say if there is something wrong

edit, how can i make 'raw' events ? simply pushing buttons ? if so grider does not respond to them ( in logger )

blubberhoofd
May 27th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Raw events are nothing more than a bypass of the standard remote configuration.

only thing that might be wrong are what seems to be 3 remote configs: 'remote', 'remote' and 'rem' presumably all configured to work with the Igorplug device.

In the add remote wizard, you probably selected the option 'new - create your own remote definition', if so, did the next step 'detecting remote' work or not?

My guess is that after removing the remote configs, the raw events should show up.

Or you could just remove 2 of the 3 remote configs, and remember to enable logging for the remaining config.

karliz
May 28th, 2008, 07:32 AM
hmm ok i`ll try that, but i have 1 question "how can i remove other remotes ?"

blubberhoofd
June 4th, 2008, 05:30 PM
the configuration file of your remote would probably be in C:\Program Files\Promixis\Girder\Definitions

Not sure though, as I've never used the "add remote" wizard before ;)