PDA

View Full Version : AVerTV Studio plugin

Epox
May 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi,

I did not want to post this in the older forum for fear of no one/not enough people seeing it.

I am searching for the AVerTV Studio plugin for Girder 3.2+.

I had it before I formatted but forgot to back it up.

The original post releasing this plugin I speak of linked to the author's page which is no longer available. I've went ahead and sent that person a PM, but seeing that he has not been online since 2002 I'm not so sure about the odds of getting a response.

In my time using Girder I've run across two plugins for Avermedia remotes:
#1 is listed here on plugins download page here on the promixis site.

#2 is the one I had but have now lost and am on a search for it.

Wish I could give you links to look at but the vBulletin settings say I need 10 posts to do that.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Epox
May 27th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Okay, So I found it.
It happened to be tucked away on another partition LUCKILY!!!!

Thank Gosh!!

I've attached it for anyone else who may need it in the future... including myself :-p

Attached:
AverTV Studio Remote Control Plugin -- averstudio.dll

Noova
June 2nd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Thank you. I've been looking for this plugin for three days now. I had exact same problem with format :). Now I have problem with usage. Before format everything was running smooth, but after formating, and activating this plugin the commands keep repeating themselfs over and over again like I've never released the button. The little girder light keep flashing even when I don't sent any IR signals. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I dont know why it happens. I had the same version of girder, plugin, and .gml file before format, and back then it always worked well.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Poland, and im still learning this language.

Epox
June 2nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Thank you. I've been looking for this plugin for three days now. I had exact same problem with format :). Now I have problem with usage. Before format everything was running smooth, but after formating, and activating this plugin the commands keep repeating themselfs over and over again like I've never released the button. The little girder light keep flashing even when I don't sent any IR signals. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I dont know why it happens. I had the same version of girder, plugin, and .gml file before format, and back then it always worked well.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Poland, and im still learning this language.

Hi Noova,

Your problem is exactly the same one I had when I had the avermedia.dll plug-in installed.

Like I was saying in my original post, there are two Avermedia plugins that I know of.
#1 is here on the Promixis/Girder site and is called "Avermedia". It is made by vu1tur. -- avermedia.dll

#2 is the one I attached in the message above. It is made by someone else. -- averstudio.dll

#1 caused me flashing girder light even when I wasn't sending a IR signal.

So I guess my suggestion to you is make sure you have only 1 of those two plugins installed. If one doesn't work, then remove/delete it and then install the other one and try it.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Noova
June 3rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks a lot Epox.

Removing avermedia.dll plugin solved the problem. I also had to reboot my system.

Now it runs like it supposed to. They should place this plugin somewere in download section. I got used to operate my PC with remote, and without it i felt like I've lost my hand somewere :).

Epox
June 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks a lot Epox.

Removing avermedia.dll plugin solved the problem. I also had to reboot my system.

Now it runs like it supposed to. They should place this plugin somewere in download section. I got used to operate my PC with remote, and without it i felt like I've lost my hand somewere :).
Hey no problem man!
They definitely should put this plug-in in the downloads section.