PDA

View Full Version : Simple Problem, Simple Solution, hopefully!

greensheep2k6
June 10th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Hi,

I've written my own media/dvd player for my PC and it responds to hotkeys from girder. I'm using a PDA to send commands to the pc via a microsoft media centre remote receiver.

If i type in the hotkeys manually (i.e. Ctrl Alt + 'R') then the program responds perfectly. I also know that Girder receives the commands from the PDA every time and sends out the hotkeys.

The problem is that my program only responds to the girder hotkeys about 50% of the time, girder often has to send them 2 or 3 times for the program to work. Because i know that girder is sending out hotkeys everytime i tell it to, i can rule out the PDA/IR Receiver. I also know that the program responds perfectly when i type in the hotkeys myself so i can rule the program out.

So i can only assume that the way girder is sending the keys is the problem , maybe it's too quick. So i'm just wondering if anyone has encountered a problem before with the way girder sends out hotkeys, or if anyone has any ideas for a solution.

The media player is 100% touchscreen based, so i could just get rid of the ctrl and alt and have the hotkeys as simple key presses, I think that should work, but i'd rather get a few other opinions and keep the possibility of using a keyboard in the future before i go ahead and change all the code

Thanks in advance,

Jonny

nurowolf
June 16th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Girder is key spoofing. Are you sure that your app always have the focus?

See if you can use App targetting (the cross hair symbol when your learning an event) to force the keystrokes to go to your app.