PDA

View Full Version : Moving Toolbars

dsmes
June 30th, 2008, 12:53 PM
In NRD v1.1.0.42 you could move the toolbars by grabbing the "stacked dots" looking thing at the leftmost extent of a given toolbar. This is very useful if you need more vertical space in the designer window without scrolling, you can put several toolbars on the same row. In NRD v1.1.0.51, toolbars can no longer be moved. Can this be easily fixed?

Rob H
June 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Yes, this is already possible in 1.1.0.52 - no ETA on it yet, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

One thing that I've added is a zoom slider - which can help to cut down on the need to scroll around - and also helps when working on small CCFs

dsmes
June 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
One thing that I've added is a zoom slider - which can help to cut down on the need to scroll around - and also helps when working on small CCFsGreat idea!!! That will be a BIG help- I can zoom in and visually line up items with greater precision and zoom out when working on a full screen CCF. I'm looking forward!

Rob H
July 1st, 2008, 05:02 AM
Alignment is a lot easier in 1.1.0.52 - e.g. if you have used Visual Studio you'll know that you get blue lines drawn on screen between the component you're moving and the edges of other components when they're aligned - the same thing now happens in NRD.

There's also the on-screen alignment buttons that appear around the selection - see the attached screen capture.

Ron
July 1st, 2008, 09:46 AM
Rob is really doing some amazing work here! You guys will be very happy ;-)

Rob H
July 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks Ron!