View Full Version : Different Keys same Code Problem!

July 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I'm using a X-Gene MCE Remote

I use it in SageTV, and everything is fine, for example when I press Guide it takes me to guide, and whenever I press a different button there is a different response like there should be.

So I wanted to use girder to add extra functionality and macros but when I use girder, many keys have the same code for some reason.

In device manager the x-gene is recognized as HID device, and I have a wireless keyboard/mouse which is also HID.

I used "live TV" to perform file execute, then I was watching TV and pressed guide and the same thing happened, and later I was surfing the net using my KEYBOARD and when I pressed CTRL it performed the same action, SO I checked in girder the status bar always reads different codes for all of the buttons but when I add an event and do "learn" the code for CTRL, Live TV, Guide and many other is exactly the same for which reasons many keys are doing the same thing.

Also it is recognized as Raw: Keyboard although this should be an HID device. Both my keyboard/mouse and remote are hooked up with their own usb receivers.

Can someone help me sort this out?

August 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Anyone can help? When I use the remote normally without girder the different keys are doing different things in SageTV, but with combination with girder a bunch of keys become mixed, is there a way to fix this?