View Full Version : My Netremote/Girder implementation

July 20th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I made some time to show my NetRemote layout and describe the whole system.
This CCF runs on my 15 Inch TouchScreen built in the wall on a central place in the house. The same CCF runs on a Motion Table PC.
NetRemote interfaces with Girder 4. About my whole house is controlled by NetRemote and Girder running on a HP Proliant Server:
-Lighting and Wall Outlets (about 100 switches, 18 Dimmers); PeHa PHC Automation system controlled (2-way) by Girder over RS485
-Galaxy Burglar system; controlled over Ethernet
-ICPDAS A/D converters for temperature measurements
-Carbondioxide CO2 measuring device for controlling the Balanced (Heat Recuperation) Ventilation system
-Weatherstation (Wireless 868MHz device) for retrieving local Weatherdata
-Mailboxsensor (Wireless 868MHz device) for registration of new mail deliveries
-Sensors for registration of status of doors and windows (also if locks are closed)
-B&O Remote controles in may rooms for controlling Girder (mainly used for Lighting); IR receiver/transmitter (Lintronic) connected over RS485
-Waterpump (Grundfoss) speed controlled by Girder over RS485 for house cooling (through floor and ceiling)
-Sensor on KWh meter for realtime meauring of power consumption
-Sensor on Gas (for heating) meter for realtime meauring of gasconsumption
-Siemens Hicom PABX controlled over ISDN (through AVM ISDN controller)
-Automatic Garage doors controlled by Low Voltage signals using the PHC system
-Nefit Gas Central Heating and Boiler controlled by IO device (homebuild) connected to server over Parallel Port
-Curtains controlled through PHC Automation system (automatic using timers and Light intensity sensor)
-Speakers in all rooms for speechfeedback and music
-Axis camera's in and around the house (Recordersoftware Xprotect from MileStone). Movements detected by camera's are interpreted by Girder
The system is controllable through:
-B&O BEO4 Remote Controls
-Internet (on mobile phones)
-Phone (using DTMF)
Feedback is given by Speech (Lernout & Hauspie RealSpeak-Dutch); text-to-speech engine
I made some screenshots to show the TouchScreen information. There are no Pagechanges but everything is done by using FramePopups. This increases the screenchange speed dramatically.

July 21st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Is this working or concept? Looks good either way!

i see you are using the galaxy alarm via the ethernet module, This is high end install in the UK... Any chance of posting the plugin/gml for it? :)

July 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
This 100% working; my House depends on it!
Interfacing with the Galaxy is done by using the IO boards of the Galaxy which are connected to my Domotica system (IO modules). This system is connected over RS485 to Girder.

Ethernet is used for programming and monitoring the Galxy Panel. I have a RS485 connection to the Galaxy but I don't have reverse engineerded the protocol yet.

July 22nd, 2008, 01:59 PM
Ahhhhhh... i get you

you must have the inputs on the galaxy programmed via links to fire outputs via follow, i guess these are wired back into domitca inputs & girder tracks the domitca states.....

Pretty neat! Does it respond quickly as i'm looking to do similar...?

July 23rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
You are right.
I use Galaxy zones connected to the outputs of my Domotica to set and reset the Galaxy panel. I use the Galaxy outputs connected to inputs of my Domotica (indeed monitored by Girder). The outputs of the Galaxy are used for status information (set, reset, burglary, fire etc). Also multiple PIR zones and door contacts are connected (via Links) to the Galaxy outputs. These trigger for instance Lights, text messages (when you enter a certain room). But also an output which is connected to all my PIR's. When there's no activity for a certain amount of time I consider this state as 'No one there'. This switches for instance my hot water circulation off. Also the doorlocks are monitored by the Galaxy and connected to my Domotica. When I like to go to bed and the doors are not locked, a text message sounds.

November 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Attachment problemo - says to notify Administrator...