PDA

View Full Version : OSD AutoMenu

fubaerra
August 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to customize the build-in Menu Example in the demo.gml. With "customize" i mean change the background colour, font type and colour, size, the "on" and "off" state of a menu item, etc. And i have no idea where to begin :)

With my very limited programming knowledge i understand there is (apparently) an AutoMenu class that has several methods to change (some?) internal variables. With this understanding, which might very well be incorrect, i tried to add the following:

AutoMenu:Size(500,500)

Right after:

AutoMenu = osd.Classes.AutoMenu:New ({AutoCallback = MyAutoCB, Fade=true, TimeOut=5000})

This didn't have any effect. What i would want eventually is to define a table of menu items, create a rectangular OSD based on some image with the menu items on top. These menu items would have an "on" and "off" state, and if i click an item, a girder event is triggered.

What's the best way to begin?

Thanks!

fubaerra
August 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I managed to create an OSD that looks like attached screenshot. It's quite easy to change the background image, and use images for buttons instead of the squares i have. But i'm quite happy with this already :)