PDA

View Full Version : CE based tablets?

yonu
August 17th, 2008, 11:32 PM
quick question I am in the process of building my control panels for my home and wanted to find out what the oldest version of CE taht netremote2 will work on or perhaps the oldest version of windows in general

Thanks,
yonu

dsmes
September 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
I'm in the market for touch screens for the same reason. I'm finding the thinner and more affordable panels run Win-CE so I have the same question on CE version compatibility. As for other windows OS, Win-98, ME, and NT are no longer supported. Win-2000, XP, and Vista are your best bet. I'd be curious what you end up using. And I hope someone else can respond to the Win-CE question on version.

VicVonDoom
September 7th, 2008, 04:30 AM
i think i read another post that said netremote will run on CE3.1 onwards (correct me if i'm wrong rob.....)

check this site out for your touchscreens http://www.dsl-ltd.co.uk/products.aspx?Category=Panel%20PC%20Systems

or get yourself a car touchscreen and a vga/usb extender....

Rob H
September 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I can't really comment on CE support in NR - Ron's the man for that sort of question. However, I will say that we can't guarantee support for early version of CE in future versions of NR so I would advise sticking to Win CE 4.2 and later.