PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure if this is Girder or NetRemote...I'm New to this whole idea

GR3G03
August 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hello,

I've been searching the forums here and at the USB-UIRT site for a solution to my problem. I have a Fujitsu LT C-500 tablet pc that I am trying to use as a remote to control my home theater setup. Mediabridge and all works fine. I have gotten the tablet to connect to my main pc with Girder installed. (acting as my HTPC) all the connections in the net remote plugins tab are connecting fine. However, I do not know what I am supposed to do to get girder to relay the button pushes to girder and turn them into actions. i.e. Changing channels and volume controls and such. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, or maybe its just a simple problem. I've been through the help tutorial in windows with Girder. My main pc has Vistax64 and the tablet has win2k installed. I've even gotten girder to learn the remote controls for my tv through the USB-UIRT but I dont know what else to do...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Greg

Rob H
August 20th, 2008, 09:33 AM
You can either learn the IR commands in NetRemote and use Girder passthrough to send them to Girder or send events to Girder from NetRemote to trigger the learned IR actions there.

You'll need to download and install NetRemote Designer for both of these.

I would generally recommend the second method for the most part, except possibly for repeating IR commands like Volume up/down in which case you'll probably get better results with the IR learned in NetRemote.