PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote Designer 2.0.0 BETA

Pages : [1] 2

Ron
August 22nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Guys Rob has done some amazing work with the NetRemote Designer and is very proud to give you the first beta build for wider testing:

NetRemote Designer 2.0.0 BETA BUILD 17 (http://promixis.com/download.php?id=1043)

Here is what has changed since NRD 1.0

Changed to use new component suite for unified look.
Added "Look and Feel" submenu to "Tools" menu
Scheme and image pickers now support setting of background colours
Image picker has for a long time shown the number of references to an image - clicking on that message will now bring up a dialog with the list of elements that reference the image.
Identical unnamed schemes are now merged on loading
The main CCF tree now shows the correct fonts for individual elements and also adds Position and Size columns with inline editing of both those and the element name.
Plugin action configuration dialogs have changed layout slightly and now use spin controls for numeric values.
When controls are selected various context sensitive buttons are now placed around the selection e.g. if multiple controls are selected then alignment controls will appear. This change has necessitated adding a border around the page, so crop marks have been added to indicate the boundary of the page.
Added continuous zooming of the current page from 0.25 to 4 times the size of the original.
Double click on the zoom factor label to restore this to 1:1. Can also use Ctrl+Mouse wheel or a zoom key on a keyboard to adjust this in 0.1 increments.
Added a "Show transparent frame" menu option which will show a transparent frame in an alpha-transparent pink colour.
Added "Show parents of selection" button to the toolbar, which displays any transparent parents ofthe current selection in an alpha-transparent pale blue.
Added Centering buttons to the context sensitive buttons.
Restored the Copy look command - this is slightly different from the copy/paste since it also works with frames
Element properties:

Text alignment now shows a graphical dropdown for the text alignment
Improved font selector (I hope)
Action designer now displays a wait cursor while the plugin tree is being populated.
Several controls now provide immediate feedback, e.g. font, wordwrap, text alignment, padding
Added "swap button states" button.

Looped frames now show a small (9pt Courier New) gray loop index value in the top left corner of each child
Lots of refactoring to conform to MS style guidelines
Added 'Fade base template' button to toolbar to help clarify which elements are on the actual pagebeing edited and which are on the base template.
Locked elements now show a reddish selection outline.
States are now shown in the tree.
Added multiple selection to the tree
If there are multiple elements selected, the first selected element's selection rectangle will bedrawn with smaller dots, to distinguish it from the other elements in the selection. This is important for various options, e.g. Copy Look.
Elements in the tree using <^> notation now show the resolved name in a tooltip.
Added "Zoom to fit" button to the scaling toolbar
The Lua console and the two variable inspectors are now dockable
Send to NetRemote now prompts to save the file (and saves it) if it has been modified.
Major addition: Component gallery - see Tools|Component gallery and the "Add component from gallery" context menu item.
Now saves separate folder names for loading and saving CCFs and images
New image picker with extensive filtering capabilities. Also shows the number of references with a dropdown
that lists them. Selecting a reference from this list selects the corresponding button or frame in the editor.
Major addition: Edit|Find - supports searching for strings in Button and frame names, Page and group names, States, Image variables, Hard keys and Actions.
Once you've found the matches, just click on the result list to immediately jump to that item in the tree
Added "Component lock" which locks a frame and all its contents

I would like to especially highlight the component gallery. Here you will find ready made components (or controls) that can be dropped onto a CCF! This will for example make it real easy to use Device Manager Controls from Girder once all Components for that have been created. (Slider is provided already)

Ron
August 24th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Build 0
Initial Release

Ron
August 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Build 1

Fixed Vista 64 issues with SciLexer
Fixed missing SciLexer.DLL
Fixed Lua state rules

Jlee
August 24th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Lua states fix confirmed, thanks.

Maybe it's just the way I work but at first glance I find this version more difficult to use than v1. The pop up controls for spacing and alignment are not useful for me as I rarely use them and they therefore get in the way. I always preferred using more precise positioning by viewing the x/y coordinates and size of similar controls in the bottom right corner and replicating the appropriate coordinate or size exactly, again using the same input boxes that used to be in the bottom right corner. I found this simple and easy to use whereas I find the new controls rather fiddly.

I appreciate you can see the coordinates and size of other controls in the left bar but to be able to see them you have to stretch the bar - sometimes a lot - and this uses up valuable workspace. Is there any chance the simple display and input box in the bottom right could return and an option be added for the other pop up controls to be switched off?

(EDIT - Ok after a little experimenting I'm getting it now with the alignment buttons and can see how useful they can be but I'd still like to see the return of the location info in the bottom left or somewhere else easy to read and edit)

Jlee
August 24th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Zoom to fit is a great addition - thanks.

The new colour scheme panel is better too but it would be good if when you sort by name it could be made to stick.

Jlee
August 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Is this is bug... I have 3 adjacent frames each with some text in them. If I select the first and Ctrl C then select the other 2 and Ctrl V to paste some attributes (in this case I select Font and Colour) the attributes are only copied to one of the frames.

Jlee
August 24th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Lua states fix confirmed, thanks....

Correction... after a few hours editing and many saves later the Lua states are gone again. And the changes I was making were no where near these buttons.

As I've done a lot of work on my CCF I don't really want to revert to my back up copy. Is there an easy way of finding out which buttons had lua states without going through the whole ccf? Edit - scrap that - of course lua states are used extensively on all my GAC+ panels so I'll just have to revert again - shucks :(

Rob H
August 25th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Damn, sorry about that - I'll see if I can find other possible causes for problems with Lua states. It is just Lua states right?

It would probably be useful if you (and others could start new threads for bugs in NRD as I'm probably going to end up missing them if they all get posted here.

Rob H
August 25th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Is this is bug... I have 3 adjacent frames each with some text in them. If I select the first and Ctrl C then select the other 2 and Ctrl V to paste some attributes (in this case I select Font and Colour) the attributes are only copied to one of the frames.

I think that's behaviour carried over from the previous version, but I'll see if I can fix it.

Rob H
August 25th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Lua states fix confirmed, thanks.

Maybe it's just the way I work but at first glance I find this version more difficult to use than v1. The pop up controls for spacing and alignment are not useful for me as I rarely use them and they therefore get in the way. I always preferred using more precise positioning by viewing the x/y coordinates and size of similar controls in the bottom right corner and replicating the appropriate coordinate or size exactly, again using the same input boxes that used to be in the bottom right corner. I found this simple and easy to use whereas I find the new controls rather fiddly.

I appreciate you can see the coordinates and size of other controls in the left bar but to be able to see them you have to stretch the bar - sometimes a lot - and this uses up valuable workspace. Is there any chance the simple display and input box in the bottom right could return and an option be added for the other pop up controls to be switched off?

(EDIT - Ok after a little experimenting I'm getting it now with the alignment buttons and can see how useful they can be but I'd still like to see the return of the location info in the bottom left or somewhere else easy to read and edit)
I'll see if I can find a good compromise solution to this - I'm not keen on putting it at the bottom left of the window. Perhaps a floating editor that shows the coordinates near the selection? That would mean less mouse movement. Incidentally, if you right click on the tree's header you can remove the position and size columns, but this currently doesn't persist.

Rob H
August 25th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Correction... after a few hours editing and many saves later the Lua states are gone again. And the changes I was making were no where near these buttons.

Are you sure you didn't edit those buttons? That's the only way that the Lua states can be changed as far as I can see. I have however found a bug where editing a button with Lua states would kill the Lua state even if you didn't edit the state rules.

I'd appreciate it if you could stick with NRD2 - perhaps making frequent backups of your CCF at intermediate stages.

Here's the fix for that bug :-

Jlee
August 25th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I definately did not edit those buttons. I just viewed the Lua states on them after installing NRD and saving my CCF to confirm the fix. Then later I realised I'd lost all lua state code on all buttons with lua states.

I'll persevere with NRD 2 and would encourage others to do so too because once these few bugs are ironed out it really is a great step forward from v1.

Rob H
August 25th, 2008, 08:40 AM
On all buttons? Hmm... that's really weird. I'll keep looking then.

Rob H
August 25th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I definately did not edit those buttons. I just viewed the Lua states on them after installing NRD and saving my CCF to confirm the fix. Then later I realised I'd lost all lua state code on all buttons with lua states.

I'll persevere with NRD 2 and would encourage others to do so too because once these few bugs are ironed out it really is a great step forward from v1.

So you opened the Element properties dialog presumably? Did you press Cancel or OK?

I still can't see any way that it could lose Lua state rules on any other buttons though.

I may have to give you a build that includes some logging code at some point if I can't solve this.

Jlee
August 25th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I would like to think I pressed cancel but can't be sure. What I can be sure of is I did not go anywhere near my GAC panels, which lost all the Lua states from them. I have many different GAC panels and had no need to edit the buttons on there. The result was when calling GAC panels buttons which should have been hidden because there were not enough GAC results to fill them were displayed but empty.

vitello
August 25th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Rob,

The new designer is great, but I am also having problems with my lua states. It looks
like none of my lua state settings are working properly. One major problem is that
when I try to look at a Lua rule attached to State 1, the Edit Lua Code window is empty.
Now last night when I was looking into what was going on with my Lua states there was
code, but I found that when editing the Rule selection would often end up blank and not
as Lua after editing. Lua state rule coding I changes last night is still there, but
frames I did not touch have no Lua code in their Lua rule. So it looks like the new
designer has erased Lua state rule code.

This was with version 2.0.0.0.

Peter

vitello
August 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Rob,

As a quick experiment, after installing 2.0.0.1, I opened my ccf in NRD and then did a
save as. I then opened the new ccf in NR. What I found was that all of my lua state
behaviors has changed. Frames that should have been hidden were shown, and frames
that should have been visible were not.

Peter

Rob H
August 26th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I think I need to see a concrete example of this. I can't seem to reproduce it here.

First of all, can both of you with this Lua state confirm that you are using the latest CCF format? The only state manipulation that I can see being performed on loading is when using 1.0 format

RLeBrette
August 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
That looks great, I've started to play with it, it's really more user friendly that version 1.
Is there any roadmap for this new version?
What are the new features you plan to add?

If not already planned, it would be cool to be able to define an external editor for LUA scripts.

Rob H
August 26th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I do have some ideas, but 2.0 is mostly feature complete. Any new features will probably have to wait for 2.1

I quite like the idea of an external editor though.

vitello
August 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I think I need to see a concrete example of this. I can't seem to reproduce it here.

First of all, can both of you with this Lua state confirm that you are using the latest CCF format? The only state manipulation that I can see being performed on loading is when using 1.0 format

Rob,

My file format is 1.1(revision 1.4 - requires 2.0.0.78). I'm about to leave for a vacation.
When I get back next week I'll put together a short CCF if the problem hasn't been resolved
by then. The CCF I'm working on is to large to upload.

Peter

MC Chod
August 27th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I have a ccf with the queue page of your Mce ccf pasted in. after tweaking another page with designer and saving it, the queue list no longer shows. I then tried doing the same with your Mce ccf itself and same thing, the queue list has gone. latest ccf format by the way

Rob H
August 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Which MCE CCF? What's the filename?

Jlee
August 28th, 2008, 02:39 AM

How do I know what format it is or can you work that out from the link I gave you to the CCF?

Rob H
August 28th, 2008, 05:04 AM
You should be able to tell by right clicking on System and selecting Properties (may be best to try this in both NRD2 and NRD1.1).

marketability
August 31st, 2008, 05:43 AM
I can confirm the loss of LUA state issue previously discussed
It affects objects that haven't been edited
NRD v2.0.0.1
Let me know if I can help

Rob H
August 31st, 2008, 06:03 AM
Does it affect Lua states on pages that haven't been edited, or just edited pages?

And can you confirm that you're using 1.1 format?

marketability
August 31st, 2008, 07:25 AM
Does it affect Lua states on pages that haven't been edited, or just edited pages?
seems to affect all pages

And can you confirm that you're using 1.1 format?
yes - using 1.1

Cheers

Rob H
August 31st, 2008, 08:20 AM
Interesting. Something is clearly off here.

Does it still happen if you don't edit anything, ie will a Save As cause this?

marketability
August 31st, 2008, 10:34 AM
yes - "save as" straight after loading loses the LUA state
:-(

Rob H
August 31st, 2008, 10:51 AM
Is this with the update I posted earlier (http://www.promixis.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4987&d=1219660676) installed?

marketability
August 31st, 2008, 11:16 AM
It wasn't (sorry missed that post)
but I cant run the new .exe - on XP causes an application error
Cheers

Rob H
August 31st, 2008, 11:25 AM
Oh? That's strange - did you unzip it to the existing NRD2 folder?

marketability
August 31st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yes - just overwrote the existing .exe

rpalmer68
September 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
It wasn't (sorry missed that post)
but I cant run the new .exe - on XP causes an application error
Cheers

Same here, the "fixed" .exe crashes before even the splash screen comes up.

Richard

Rob H
September 4th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Okay, something clearly went wrong there - I'll see if we can put out a complete new build with my latest changes soon.

rpalmer68
September 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Okay, something clearly went wrong there - I'll see if we can put out a complete new build with my latest changes soon.

Thanks, and BTW I love the work you've done on Designer! Well Done.

The image browser showing the number of references is great, I can now cleanup all the duplicates that have appeared but I couldn't work out how to remove :)

Looking forward to geting stuck in and tweaking my ccf now!

Thanks again
Richard

Rob H
September 4th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks - I think it's an improvement :)

In theory, it should automatically remove unused images when you save the CCF, although you may not notice that until you come to reload it later.

rpalmer68
September 4th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks - I think it's an improvement :)

In theory, it should automatically remove unused images when you save the CCF, although you may not notice that until you come to reload it later.

Sure is an improvement.

And your theory is correct, it does remove them once saved and reopened.

Rob H
September 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Build 2

Fix for Lua state rules disappearing (I hope!)

vitello
September 5th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Rob,

I just got back from vacation and installed build 2. The fix for Lua state works for me.
Great work. The new NRD certainly shows a lot of improvements.

Peter

marketability
September 5th, 2008, 01:04 AM
build 2 sorts the LUA state issue for me - Thanks

Rob H
September 5th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks for confirming that guys.

So what sort of components would you like to see in the gallery?

sirbooker
September 12th, 2008, 01:04 PM
why is it when i click on componet gallery under tools
NRD locks up and i have to shut it down and then restart ???

paul

Rob H
September 13th, 2008, 03:03 AM
That's a very good question! It shouldn't do that obviously!

Do you see the component gallery window open or doesn't it get that far? Has it ever opened successfully?

What OS are you running?

Does this happen for anyone else?

Later...

The only thing that I can see that might cause this is when the gallery tries to load the current set of variables from NetRemote. Next time, can you try refreshing the NetRemote variable inspector first to see if that has the same problem?

vitello
September 14th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I'm able to get the component gallery window to open. I'm running XP SP3. It does take
a very long time to open though.

Peter

mhwlng
September 14th, 2008, 02:17 AM
if I try to edit the slider thumb properties, it takes a few minutes for the dialog box to appear.(cpu utilization is very high during that time)

(I run vista 64)

note that in the past, I had this type of slowdown also on old versions of NRD (on XP) and then only when my own ccf was loaded. Not with flatstyle.ccf etc. ...

Marcel

Rob H
September 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I'm able to get the component gallery window to open. I'm running XP SP3. It does take
a very long time to open though.

Peter

That's most likely when it's fetching the variables - I'll see if I can do anything about that (e.g. putting that into a worker thread).

Rob H
September 14th, 2008, 06:50 AM
if I try to edit the slider thumb properties, it takes a few minutes for the dialog box to appear.(cpu utilization is very high during that time)

(I run vista 64)

note that in the past, I had this type of slowdown also on old versions of NRD (on XP) and then only when my own ccf was loaded. Not with flatstyle.ccf etc. ...

Marcel

Minutes! That's not good - it should appear almost immediately. This is from the Element properties dialog on the action tab or the same via Edit Actions I assume?

How many CPU cores do you have?

mhwlng
September 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Minutes! That's not good - it should appear almost immediately. This is from the Element properties dialog on the action tab or the same via Edit Actions I assume?

How many CPU cores do you have?

it is the same delay via the different ways to get at this dialog box

I have a Core 2 duo E6750 2.66GHz with 4GB RAM, so 2 cores...

Note again, that I reported similar delays with the old NRD versions
and it goes away if I load a simple ccf....

some more times :

pres 'refresh' button on lua variable inspector : 1 seconds
pres 'refresh' button on current netremote variables : 20 seconds

in action designer double click : nrbasic:add value to variable : > 1minute
(about the same as the slider thumb)

I think that any action dialog box that has NR variables on it, has this slowdown ? (so NOT: nrbasic:execute lua code, or embedded web browser etc.)

Marcel

Rob H
September 14th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Thanks for that, I'll check it out - I assume that the more complex CCFs have more NR variables? That gives me somewhere to look.

mhwlng
September 14th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I assume that the more complex CCFs have more NR variables?

yes, also note that some variables contain very long strings (web pages)

Marcel

Rob H
September 14th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Ah, I suspect that may be part of the problem - I'm just trying to see whether I can cache accesses to NR variables unless an update is explicitly requested.

Later...

Yup, that's now done, which should improve things a bit. I've also removed the restriction on the size of NR variable values in the variable inspector so you should now be able to see the entirety of the text of a variable by clicking on the drop down for the value. Furthermore, you can now directly edit NR variables in the inspector rather than using the Lua console. I may do the same for Lua variables when I get the chance, but that may not make it into the next build.

Ron
September 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Build 3

Improved behaviour of deleting pages and elements etc. Will now shrink the size of the file.
NR Variables are now cached which should speed up loading of the component gallery, plugin component dialogs etc. All relevant dialogs/windows now have a Refresh button of some kind to force an update.
Improved NR variable inspector to both show long variable values in a drop down editor and allow the user to edit them directly.
Lua variable inspector now supports in-place editing for string, number and boolean types.

vitello
September 16th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Build 3

Improved behaviour of deleting pages and elements etc. Will now shrink the size of the file.
NR Variables are now cached which should speed up loading of the component gallery, plugin component dialogs etc. All relevant dialogs/windows now have a Refresh button of some kind to force an update.
Improved NR variable inspector to both show long variable values in a drop down editor and allow the user to edit them directly.
Lua variable inspector now supports in-place editing for string, number and boolean types.

Ron,

I installed 2.0.0.3 to see if it would clean up my ccf. Deleting everything visible
shrunk the file only from 7236 KB to 7139 KB. So if your new delete is working, then
my ccf has a lot of old junk that is not visible, but still getting carried around. Any
suggestions of how to get ride to the rest of the un-used stuff? I tried saving under
a new name after deletes, but it didn't help.

Peter

Rob H
September 16th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Hmm.. did you delete at the page group level perhaps?

vitello
September 17th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hmm.. did you delete at the page group level perhaps?

Rob,

I saved my ccf under a new name, deleted each page group one by one except for home,
deleted all frames on the home page, deleted all frames in the templates, and then saved
under a second new name. When I close the ccf and re-open it has zero entries under
loaded images, blank templates, a blank home page and Hardkey entries. Still the file size
only went from 7236 to 7139 KB.

Peter

Rob H
September 17th, 2008, 03:15 AM
That's what I mean, try deleting individual pages instead - currently deleting a page group doesn't mark the individual pages as deleted and internally pages have no reference back to the page group so I can't check when saving. I'll try to fix this.

vitello
September 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Rob,

Deleting individual pages first and then the page group works with releasing memory.
Any hope of fixing the problem of the extra data in an existing file? I tried copying
individual page groups from my ccf to a new blank ccf, but the new file had about the
same size as the old file. Would it help to try to copy individual pages one at a time?

Peter

Rob H
September 18th, 2008, 04:14 AM
I'll see what I can do to fix this.

mhwlng
September 20th, 2008, 08:45 AM
f.y.i.

in build 3, it still takes about 80 seconds for me to open the scroll thumb dialog box

Marcel

Rob H
September 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Every time? Or just the first time?

mhwlng
September 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I tried it several times (just double click in the tree)

and the delay happens every time...

Marcel

Rob H
September 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Okay, I'll try to reproduce it.

... Hmm, it comes up almost immediately here - which rather points to an issue with data.

Although, having said that I should probably try it with the released build rather than from within Visual Studio, who knows, something may have happened in the build process.

Is 30 seconds an improvement though? I seem to remember that it was taking > 1 minute previously.

mhwlng
September 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Is 30 seconds an improvement though? I seem to remember that it was taking > 1 minute previously.

ummm, I wrote 80, not 30 :D

so about the same as the previous version. (or any older NRD version as well)

Marcel

Rob H
September 20th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Ah, sorry - I misread it.

I have spotted one thing that could slow things down if there are a lot of variables - it adds the variables to the combo box one at a time, but wasn't wrapping it in a BeginUpdate()/EndUpdate() pair - I've changed that now, so it may improve things a bit, especially with very large numbers of variables.

I'll keep an eye out for similar sorts of things.

Rob H
September 20th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I was almost right - I created about 10,000 NR variables and sure enough the time taken to load the variable list went up to about 69 seconds, wrapping the loop in a BeginUpdate/EndUpdate pair only reduce the load time by a few seconds.

However, using the AddRange method rather than a loop with the Add method reduced it to a under a second :)

I'm hoping Ron will be able to upload a new build sometime this weekend, or Monday failing that.

Ron
September 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Build 2.0.0.4

Improved speed of loading plugin action forms that use variables - now wraps the loop that adds items to comboboxes and listboxes in calls to BeginUpdate/EndUpdate
Image picker now has a null image to allow the user to clear the image for an element.
The menu for loading a skin under Look and feel wasn't showing a checkmark for the current skin.

mhwlng
September 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
That fixed my speed problem ...

Thanks,
Marcel

Rob H
September 20th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Terrific, that one was driving me nuts trying to work out what was up.

rickd
September 23rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Can we have both versions on same machine? if so do I need to do anything on install?

Rob H
September 23rd, 2008, 03:30 AM
Yes, just install to a different folder.

jwilson56
September 26th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Well I have spent a little time working with the new NRD and so far its looking good. I will be working on some changes to Now Playing 2008 soon so I look forward to digging into more. One note though... there does not seem to be a way to select no image to a button once an image has been selected. Could you please add a clear image selection?

Thanks

Rob H
September 27th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Did you miss that build 4 is out which adds back just that feature - or at least it should!

jwilson56
September 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Ooopppsss... sorry... can't keep up with you....hahaha

Rob H
September 27th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Phew! Had me worried for a second there :)

dsmes
September 30th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Hey Rob, Someone else asked about the element coordinate position that used to be in the bottom right corner but I can't find the post. Can you please explain again the shortcut to change an element's position w/o having to go into the full edit menu?

Rob H
September 30th, 2008, 05:14 AM
You should see the element's position in the tree - you can adjust it there.

jwilson56
September 30th, 2008, 06:56 AM
You should see the element's position in the tree - you can adjust it there.

It took me awhile to find this but when I did I say whooo... nice....

Great job Rob on the changes....

Rob H
September 30th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks John. I did wonder whether it might be a good idea to have a floating position control as well.

harleydude
September 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned. Is there a way to turn off the tool tips in the tree view. Sometimes they are very annoying.

Rob H
October 1st, 2008, 02:40 AM
Not at present, no.

harleydude
October 2nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
Rob,

Here is an example of what the tooltips are doing. When this happens I have to wait 5 seconds for the tooltip to finally close. This happens quite often.

Rob H
October 2nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
Ah yes, I've seen that here too - I'll see if I can fix it.

jwilson56
October 2nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah after having played with the new editor the past couple days I would have to concur with harleydude... it does get in the way at times.

Also although it is nice to see the actual font being used in the Element Name field, it would be nice to have a check box to show it in a font that could be more easily edited. Example would be where the font chosen is 16 point or higher which fill the field because its so huge.

Rob H
October 2nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
Perhaps a setting to limit the maximum size used?

I'm having difficulty reproducing the problem with the tooltips though. I know I've seen it happen here - I can just tell this one is going to be tricky :(

jwilson56
October 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Perhaps a setting to limit the maximum size used?

I'm having difficulty reproducing the problem with the tooltips though. I know I've seen it happen here - I can just tell this one is going to be tricky :(

That might work... limit the size used for the Element field entry itself.

Will keep you posted as I work on Now Playing 2009

NeoMorph
October 11th, 2008, 04:58 PM
OMG ROB..

This is freaking AWESOME mate... Just had to design a new screen and found this and downloaded it and found my jaw dropping off the floor. All the things that made the v1 release awkward to align and making notes etc are sorted here. It's going to make building new screens a LOT easier.

VERY impressive.. :D

Edit: Darn... killed it already heh... Did a copy of a frame to add it to another screen and it died... will try to lock down what caused it...

Rob H
October 11th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks.

Let me know if you can track down what might cause the bug and I'll try to fix it asap.

NeoMorph
October 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I've spent several days messing with NRD2 and can I reproduce that crash?

Nope...

I copied it a second time and it worked fine so I'm at a loss.

There is one thing that gets to be annoying which happened in NRD1 too. If your panel breaks NR itself then you get into a "NR crash, NRD reopens NR, NR crash, NRD reopens NR" loop. Does NRD have to have NR open to work? The reason I say this is because you could fix the problem and THEN open NR when you save instead of every time you try to edit something in NRD. At present you have to rename the panel so that NR doesn't try to open the duff panel, then open a working panel and then get NRD to edit the faulty panel. This happened when there was a bug in NR that crashed it (was due to Flash animations which you have apparently now fixed Rob).

Rob H
October 14th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yes, unfortunately it does need to have NR open, e.g. it needs to fetch the current variable values etc.

I may be able to do something about that cyclic crash though ie just give up after the first attempt to start NR, or maybe find some way to tell NR to not load the CCF on startup after the first failed attempt.

Glad to hear that I did in fact fix the flash problem though :)

NeoMorph
October 15th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Errr.... didn't realise there had been a new release of NR since you added the fix... I was sure 128 crashed as normal which is why I'm still using NR 102 for the panels with flash. I'll have to try it again in a minute.

Edit: Just downloading 129 now... :D

Have to say I like the new NRD but there are a couple of niggles still...

1. Adding Actions.

When there is a big tree layout it gets hard to read. I stacked my hardware into groups and subgroups to keep it clean. Unfortunately when I go to add actions in NRD I have to keep moving the seperator bar left and right to read the actions available and the ones I have active...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk52/NeoMorphUK/NRDactions.png

Would it be possible to make this dialog resizable in windows so we can see everything?

2. The Dreaded Image Moving Back To Top Left After Editing in F2

This is a thing that I hated and still seems to be there in NRD2. Thing is though it doesn't do it every time.

Here is how I've got it to happen...

Scroll to the far right of your panel so the left side is off screen.
Select an element and hit F2.
Hit Cancel to come out as if you have decided not to edit.
Now it seems fine... but then say you realise you do want to edit. so you hit F2 again.
Exit and WHAM!... you get shown back to the top left of the panel instead of where you were.
It's really wierd.. why does it work fine sometimes and other times it resets to the top left.

Other than those I'm really loving the fact that NRD2 has loads of functions that were lacking in NRD1.

ROB YOU ARE A GOD! :D

Flash is indeed working fine in 129.... it hasn't worked since release 103 so I'm a VERY happy bunny indeed... Thank you!

Rob H
October 16th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I'll see what I can do about those.

Of course one way to avoid the scrolling is to use zoom to fit :) But I'll admit it is rather annoying when it does that - it certainly annoys me too.

jwilson56
October 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
A small annoying bug... if you use the replace image and select another from the list by accident then use the 'cancel' button the image itself is not replaced but the old image will take on the frame/button size of the one you mistakenly had picked.

Rob H
October 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Build 5 is up (actually it went up yesterday, but no message was posted about it)

Changes:

Undo history for moving and sizing elements is fixed
Keyboard selection commands Home, End and Tab weren't updating the undo history
Added Preferences item "Limit font size in tree"
I hope I've improved the tree tooltips - they should no longer show if e.g. a dialog is open.
The hidden page flag should now be saved to the CCF
The variable list combo box for an action now shows 25 entries rather than just 7
If an element has a Component Lock applied (purple selection outline) that lock will be carried over to any pasted copies.

Wilhelm
October 21st, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, the hidden flag is finally saved.
Unfortunately NRD seems to destroy or mix up palette information. I saved my ccf in the format 1.4. Since I have no chance to enter IR learn mode with NR 2.x I wanted to switch back to NR 1.44 I set the file format back to 1.0.
As I opened the file again with my installed NR 2.0 some of the buttons changed color from orange to blueish.

I think there is a serious mixup with bitmap formats/palettes.

Speaking about more and more restrictions using the whole Netremote Suite, I begin to doubt if any newbee would ever manage to use this. I knew, that 2.0 was missing direct IR output. But even not being able to enter learn mode is a serious drawback.

Nevertheless the palette mixup is a total showstopper for me :-(
I have to add that all my PPCs only have 64K colours. The effect cannot be seen, on Win32!

frustrated again

Rob H
October 21st, 2008, 04:27 PM
I think the only learn mode available is if you have a USB-UIRT.

How would it be able to learn IR otherwise since we aren't allowed to use the old IR DLL any more?

Not sure what's going on with the colours though.

Wilhelm
October 24th, 2008, 07:46 AM
any news on the colors?

Rob H
October 24th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Not yet - is it only some of the button images or all of them?

Wilhelm
October 24th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Here is the before and after..
It is visible only on the PPC so I took the picture with a camera. (sorry for the bad quality :) )

Manser
October 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I found an issue in the new designer.

I can't select more then one action in the action Designer.
Ex. for manually copy and paste some action from one button to an other.

Rob H
October 28th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look.

You can of course copy all the actions from one button to another without going in to the action designer window. Just right click on the button and select the Copy Actions option from the menu.

jwilson56
November 2nd, 2008, 05:50 AM
One other small bug. It seems that when copying an animated GIF the copy will be scrambled.

Rob H
November 2nd, 2008, 06:04 AM
Yes, the same goes for animated PNGs as I discovered myself yesterday.

Rob H
November 3rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
Fixed the issue with copying Animated images in the next build.

Rob H
November 3rd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Fixed the issue with selecting more than one action in the action designer.

Ron
November 8th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Build 2.0.0.6
November 8, 2008

Action Designer Multiple Select enabled
image clone fix
Alignment lines are now only drawn when the CTRL key is held down while dragging the selection around the window. This should speed up dragging since this is fairly computationally intensive, especially in pages with large numbers of elements.
Fix for New CCF when running against versions of NR < 1.5.1.62
Added Device Manager Component Gallery to installer!

Ron
November 10th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Build 2.0.0.7
November 10, 2008

Set AutoComplete to false on the Gallery Property editor
Added DM Switch and DM Label to flatstyle gallery.

jwilson56
November 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Copying the variable name (NR Variable Inspector) to clipboard crashes NRD.

Rob H
November 19th, 2008, 08:14 AM
For all variables or just for some?

jwilson56
November 20th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Not all and not all the time... this crashed it just now

Fordrat8\1-WireNetwork\160008014D096C10\Temperature.UnitsLong

Rob H
November 21st, 2008, 05:17 AM
Thanks.

Do you get an error report or does it just fall over straight away?

Rob H
November 21st, 2008, 09:44 AM
Not been able to reproduce this here yet I'm afraid.

jwilson56
November 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM
Tried it again this morning... didn't crash... so its going to be tuff... I will try and gather more info the next time it does.

VSDomotics
December 11th, 2008, 03:22 AM
When will it be possible to turn of those small pictures around the selected objects for grouping and spacing. The get always in the way and i have never used them?
Please make it a switchable toolbar, or is this already possible?

Another very annoying thing is the 'jumping' of the screen when you select an item and the whole CCF does not fit on the screen (eg the sliders are shown). Zooming is no option because the picture gets too small. It messes up the CCF often because you accidentely reposition items. Can't this be solved?

I have a suggestion to always leave the new version/build in the first post (like for the Girder changes). Now I always have to look through all post to see if there is something new and what has changed.

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 03:50 AM
The first of these is very low on the priority list.

I have tried to fix the jumping bug, believe me - and will try again when I get a chance.

VSDomotics
December 11th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Rob, I know your pount of view about these small icons blurring my screen. When you are the only one implementing these automatic appearing icons everywhere you click, why do you still think it is a good idea?

Or do you know other programs who have similar behaviour and am i missing something?

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I got the idea from Mark Miller's talk on Good UI design - see http://www.dnrtv.com/default.aspx?showNum=112
if you don't want to watch the whole thing (although I would definitely recommend watching all of this and part 2) then it's somewhere in the last 10 minutes of the video.

Not many programs have similar behaviour that I'm aware of - Word 2007 does have a palette that fades in above the current selection though. It would be nice to have these controls fade in, but that would require a fair bit more work. Since Promixis earns no revenue from NetRemote Designer there's no point in implementing it other than my own personal satisfaction.

So far, you're the only person complaining about this - doesn't mean you're wrong of course.

VSDomotics
December 11th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Rob, the link does not work.

BTW I have paid for NRD. And I personally prefer a good paid app than a bad free app. I don't mean your app is bad but it seems our influence and input has become less important because it is free now. Thats a pity.

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM
The link works fine here, not sure why it isn't working for you.

No, you paid for NRD 1 (possibly 1.1 - I can't remember when we stopped charging for it).

I'm quite willing to listen to good ideas for improvements, but I just don't think that reintroducing a toolbar to replace those floating buttons is a good idea, certainly not good enough to devote a couple of hours to purely because you alone don't like them. You say that you haven't used them - why not try using them for a while?

Solosid
December 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Hi All,

I earn my living using the top design packages Ps, Ai, Cdr etc
and any short cut whether its a keyboard or mouse action is welcomed

VSDomotics...I think your frustration come from the 'visual design screen' being smaller than most 'design packages'...

But don't forget with NR2 we have alot of 'mechanical designing' happening at the same time as the 'visual designing'

What could help is the 'Tree Structure' on the left to be minimised (slide in/out) this would allow the 'visual design screen' to be viewed almost full screen...allowing the buttons in question to be reduced in size naturally

FWIW I like the 'group buttons'

Cheers

Mark

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM
My floating buttons are an extension rather than a misinterpretation. It's not like Mark Miller's words are gospel, although he is a bit of a hero of mine.

If you have a single element selected you get the two centring buttons, the group button and, if the element is a frame, the ungroup button. These still apply.

VSDomotics
December 12th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Rob, is my post disappeared/erased about my interpreation of Mark Miller's vision UI? I mean about only showing floating icons when more then one item is selected (what he suggests an is a good idea)?
I can't find it back in ths thread? Or Am I getting mad?

Rob H
December 12th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I can't see it any more either - not sure what happened there.

VSDomotics
December 12th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Ron's intervenience? He has send me a PM.
Let's forget about it. I'll stop this discussion.
Don't forget I appreciate everything you and your collegues do although we not always agree. But that's live.

jwilson56
December 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Did the bug of copying animated images get fixed?

Rob H
December 31st, 2008, 04:08 PM
That's a good question, I can't remember - I'll try to make sure that it's fixed before the next release though.

Rob H
January 1st, 2009, 08:47 AM
Animated image copying bug is fixed in the next build.

Wilhelm
January 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Bugreport:
NRD 2.008 throws an exception, when you doubleclick on an action, that has a button alias defined. This happen in the tree or in the action designer.

Unfortunately this is in german, because M$ in their infinite wisdom have to translate everything, I hope its still better than nothing.

nformationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei com.Promixis.ActionForms.AliasActionForm..ctor()
bei com.Promixis.NriAliasAction.Edit()
bei com.Promixis.Controls.ActionDesignerControl.listVi ew1_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventAr gs e)
bei DevExpress.XtraTreeList.TreeList.OnDoubleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.W ndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400).
CodeBase: file:///d:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
NRDesigner
Win32-Version: 2.0.0.8.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/NRDesigner.exe.
DevExpress.Utils.v8.2
Assembly-Version: 8.2.2.0.
Win32-Version: 8.2.2.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.Utils.v8.2.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
DevExpress.OfficeSkins.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.OfficeSkins.v8.2.DLL.
DevExpress.BonusSkins.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.BonusSkins.v8.2.DLL.
mscorlib.resources
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
NetRemoteControl
Assembly-Version: 1.0.3257.24754.
Win32-Version: 1.0.3257.24754.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/NetRemoteControl.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraBars.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraBars.v8.2.DLL.
DevExpress.Data.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.Data.v8.2.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v8.2.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v8.2.DLL.
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
Interop.NetRemoteLibrary
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/Interop.NetRemoteLibrary.DLL.
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll.
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
Assembly-Version: 0.84.0.0.
Win32-Version: 0.84.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v8.2
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v8.2.DLL.
Girder
Assembly-Version: 1.0.3158.25517.
Win32-Version: 1.0.3158.25517.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/Girder.DLL.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Rob H
January 7th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Fixed in the next build, thanks for the report.

mdekort
January 28th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I have been using NRD1 and worked great for me.
Just downloaded the new Beta version and tried to open my CCF file. Works fine. I see all my pages on the left side with coordinates etc. but that's it.
On the right side where I guess you can see your page there is nothing. Just a white box.
I saved the old CCF with "save as" hoping this would save the issue but still the same. My pages don't show up.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help
Michael

Rob H
January 28th, 2009, 05:18 PM
As in NRD1 (I think!), you have to double click on a page in the tree to open it. If you're doing that and still not seeing the pages then something is clearly wrong.

harleydude
January 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I don't remember NRD1, but I think in NRD2 you have to double click the icon next to the page name. Double clicking on the page name allows you to change the name.

If I remember correctly.

Rob H
February 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Build 9

Changes:

As of this build, NetRemote Designer will no longer save any CCF format earlier than 1.1 revision 1.4. If you're still using NetRemote 1.0 then don't download this build. Any CCF files should automatically be converted to CCF format 1.1 rev 1.4
Added a property grid - you can now change pretty much all properties of buttons, frames, pages and page groups here. The individual property windows will be removed once it is confirmed that this works correctly and that I haven't missed anything. This property grid is dockable.
The tree view is now dockable.
The component gallery is now also dockable, to create a component simply drag it from the gallery to an open CCF page.
Drag-and-drop is now supported in the treeview.
Fixed the animated image copying bug
Added support for CCF format 1.1 revision 1.5 (requires NR 2.0.17.140 or higher). See the changelog for that version of NetRemote once it's uploaded.

pfeifer
February 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I have the following error when try to open a big ccf (1366x768 pix)
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1176/1366errormn8.th.png (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1366errormn8.png)

Bye
Pfeifer

Rob H
February 14th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I think that's saying "Key not in dictionary" - I'd need to see the CCF to work out what's wrong.

pfeifer
February 14th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I think that's saying "Key not in dictionary" - I'd need to see the CCF to work out what's wrong.

Solved with a ccf rebuild.
Thanks.
Pfeifer

Solosid
February 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM
When i open the 'State' flyout box there is no way to OK or Cancel the changes?

Also when I change text size to say '12' it lists as '11.99' and will not save...revert to previous saved CCF

using 2.0.0.9

Cheers

Mark

Rob H
February 15th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Eh? There should be OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom right!

What font are you using there? 11.99 is a scaling error by Windows I believe, not all fonts will scale properly. All changes should be undoable using Ctrl-Z or the Undo button.

dsmes
February 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Eh? There should be OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom right!Rob, I ran into this problem with the state flyout box as well. There are OK and Cancel buttons, but they don't work. Also, within the flyout box, the state rules were missing. But if I double-click the CCF button, the state rules on the Display tab do show and I can edit them there just fine.

Rob H
February 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I can't reproduce this, either with my dev version or with the release build. Can you go through the exact steps you're taking, ideally with screenshots.

Rob H
February 22nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
I'd just like to ask people if they could test the property pane when you have multiple elements selected. That should be working, and ought to simplify mass property changes.

Solosid
February 25th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hi Rob,

attached is a screen shot of the page when trying to access the toggle shuffle

as you can see the cancel & OK button are not there

I haven't pinned down when this happen exactly but seems to be when I access the 'state properties from the new properties side bar

Cheers

Mark

Solosid
February 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Attached is another variation of the error which 'cuts off' the bottom section of the page

Cheers

Mark

Solosid
February 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Another example which shows the full box but no trace of the cancel & OK button

Cheers

Mark

Rob H
February 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm... I wonder if this depends on which skin is used? Doesn't seem to.

What OS are you using? And are you using Small fonts, Large fonts or a custom size?

Solosid
February 25th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hi Rob,

OS is Vista 32
NR Skin is Flatstyle re skinned

I have checked on some of the pages that are still in the file that I don't use (but haven't deleted yet) and the problem exists there
I do use a font which is not from the Windows family its a ttf which I own called 'Gotham'

smallest size is 6pts in the music screen which is the original font 'segou UI' or similar

I don't use custom size...but when I choose say size 12pts in gotham bole it changes it to 11.99pts

I have just restarted NRD and the two buttons have gone completely.

I can try a reinstall if it may help

Cheers

Mark

Rob H
February 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I didn't mean the CCF, I meant the skin in NRD. Personally I like using either Dark Side or Pumpkin (Tools|Look and Feel|Skin)

Solosid
February 25th, 2009, 01:51 PM
oh.... its Style 3D

Cheers

Mark

Rob H
February 26th, 2009, 03:26 AM
If you right click on Vista's desktop and select Personalize then go to Tasks|Adjust font size (DPI) - are you running at 96 dpi, 120 dpi or a custom value?

Solosid
February 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
If you right click on Vista's desktop and select Personalize then go to Tasks|Adjust font size (DPI) - are you running at 96 dpi, 120 dpi or a custom value?

It is set to default 96dpi

cheers

Mark

Rob H
February 26th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I'm puzzled in that case - I can't see why it would be doing that at all. Is this happening to anyone else?

Rob H
March 4th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Build 10

Changes

Deleting states and changing fonts would prevent the CCF from saving
All numeric properties now have a spin control and should update the visuals immediately without losing focus from the property grid.
Changing images for an element wouldn't adjust the size of the element
Now uses a new version of the editor which should be blocking control characters from appearing, e.g. accidentally hitting Ctrl-S will no longer show the DEL pseudo-character.

Rob H
March 12th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Build 11 released

Changes

Assorted fixes for the property grid - hopefully that's the last of the bugs there!

dsmes
March 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Hi Rob, Sorry I don't have screen shots but these are "bugs" that haunt me when using NRD v2.0.0.11 ...

See if you can reproduce this: CUT a frame (i.e. right-click|cut) that has 'children' inside using the Right-Click mouse operation from the left-hand thing-a-ma-jig (sorry, I don't know what we should call that menu pick area). Now, when you "Paste" it into a new CCF page, the parent frame gets pasted but the children are gone!

And this: If you move a frame within a frame, the position coordinates don't reflect the actual position. In fact, if you click on the expanding position menu from the thing-a..., well, those coordinates are different from what you see moving the frame within a frame.

Also look at the text position menu. When I open and change to a "Right-Centered" text in one frame property menu and then change to another, the properties display shows the newly selected frame as Right-Centered even though it is really left-centered.

This last comment is not a bug, rather a suggestion: It would be nice if NRD remembered it's position and size within the windows display (i.e. restart of NRD would display previous size & position of NRD edit windows).

BTW, this is with NRD on a WinXP system (latest updates).

Rob H
March 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Are you pasting into the same CCF or a different one?

I'll try to fix all these for the next build.

Hmm.. it should be saving the window positions - I'll check into that.

Rob H
March 17th, 2009, 06:13 AM
See if you can reproduce this: CUT a frame (i.e. right-click|cut) that has 'children' inside using the Right-Click mouse operation from the left-hand thing-a-ma-jig (sorry, I don't know what we should call that menu pick area). Now, when you "Paste" it into a new CCF page, the parent frame gets pasted but the children are gone!

I can certainly reproduce this - what puzzles me is that if you do a copy instead of a cut then it works perfectly. This should be a fun one to track down since there's very little difference between the two operations. It's certainly not obvious what is going wrong here.

And this: If you move a frame within a frame, the position coordinates don't reflect the actual position.

You mean the tooltip coordinates here I assume? They are the coordinates relative to the top left of the CCF rather than the parent. I'll see if I can clarify that (maybe showing both the absolute and relative coordinates).

In fact, if you click on the expanding position menu from the thing-a..., well, those coordinates are different from what you see moving the frame within a frame.

Hmm... it really should be updating the coordinates in the property grid dynamically.

Also look at the text position menu. When I open and change to a "Right-Centered" text in one frame property menu and then change to another, the properties display shows the newly selected frame as Right-Centered even though it is really left-centered.

I can't see what you mean for this one - do you mean the Alignment property in the property grid?

This last comment is not a bug, rather a suggestion: It would be nice if NRD remembered it's position and size within the windows display (i.e. restart of NRD would display previous size & position of NRD edit windows).

BTW, this is with NRD on a WinXP system (latest updates).

Hmm.. I also can't reproduce this one, it seems to save the position and size here. I wouldn't have thought that this was windows version specific.

dsmes
March 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You mean the tooltip coordinates here I assume? They are the coordinates relative to the top left of the CCF rather than the parent. I'll see if I can clarify that (maybe showing both the absolute and relative coordinates).
Hmm... it really should be updating the coordinates in the property grid dynamically.If the tooltip coordinates are at the upper left of the item you are moving, then yes, those update in real time as you move the object. However, in the property grid on the left side of NRD, the Dimensions | Location coordinates don't update until you de-select and re-select what you just moved.

I can't see what you mean for this one - do you mean the Alignment property in the property grid?On my laptop, PrintScreen works. See attached image which should explain things. The alignment box says Middle, Left but the other box shows Middle, Right.

Hmm.. I also can't reproduce this one, it seems to save the position and size here. I wouldn't have thought that this was windows version specific.On my laptop, also an XP machine, it DOES remember the size & position. My home machine has four monitors. NRD opens in one monitor and I drag it to two other monitors. This is what it doesn't remember. Could it have something to do with the four heads?

Rob H
March 19th, 2009, 05:18 AM
If the tooltip coordinates are at the upper left of the item you are moving, then yes, those update in real time as you move the object. However, in the property grid on the left side of NRD, the Dimensions | Location coordinates don't update until you de-select and re-select what you just moved.

Ah, okay - I'm working on that one. I've also updated the tooltip to show both absolute and relative coordinates, and added another tooltip at the bottom right to show the size of the element. EDIT: Fixed in the next build

On my laptop, PrintScreen works. See attached image which should explain things. The alignment box says Middle, Left but the other box shows Middle, Right.

I see what you mean now, I'm sure that used to work when I first wrote it! Something must have broken, thanks, I'll fix it. EDIT: Fixed in next build.

On my laptop, also an XP machine, it DOES remember the size & position. My home machine has four monitors. NRD opens in one monitor and I drag it to two other monitors. This is what it doesn't remember. Could it have something to do with the four heads?
That's very strange, works okay on a dual-headed setup, wonder why it isn't with four? Hmm, just discovered something - it does not like a window to span two monitors. Is that what you're doing when you say you drag it to two monitors? EDIT: Changed in next build - can now span two monitors.

x1nick
March 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Don't know if this is a bug or a problem with my install...
Using build 11, I can't add action's to buttons either on my previous created ccf, or a brand ccf

I can open the action designer tab, add the selection to the right hand pane, click ok but it dosen't save the actions for some reason?

Rob H
March 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Please use the property grid instead of the Element properties window (which is being phased out).

dsmes
March 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM
EDIT: Fixed in the next build
EDIT: Fixed in next build.
EDIT: Changed in next build - can now span two monitors.Golly wow Rob! That was quick! Thank you, thank you, and thank you again for your tremendous support!!!
Oh, yes it had windows spanning two monitors. I haven't played with the un-docked windows yet, but on a multi-monitor system, I'm sure this feature will be useful :)

Rob H
March 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Luckily they were mostly easy fixes this time :)

They often are once I can reproduce them.

Wilhelm
March 21st, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I don't know if this has been reported before so I just go ahead.

While testing the 2.0.0.11 Build of the designer, I found that it deletes the button action when I change the bitmap.
I just was redesigning my old ccf with new images and afterwards, all my learned IR-code in the button actions where gone.
I suppose this is a bug, right?

I think I'll wait with further changes, until this has been fixed.
Thanks

Rob H
March 21st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Was this with the element properties window?

Wilhelm
March 22nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Yes, is there another way to change the Buttons appearance?

Rob H
March 22nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Yes, using the property grid which should be under the tree. Click on the dropdown for States.

Wilhelm
March 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Sorry, Rob, a dialog box that opens when clicking on the arrow of a combo box? Who should have found that by himself?
BTW, trying to assign a new bitmap using that dialog throughs an exception when I double Click one of the Bitmaps/picture.
So this is a nogo as well. :-(

Cheers
Wilhelm

Exception details follow, (sorry, its in German) I would translate the error message as something about a "circular Reference to a control element" which is not allowed.

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentException: Ein zirkulärer Steuerelementverweis ist entstanden. Ein Steuerelement kann nicht sich selbst besitzen oder übergeordnet sein.
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CheckParentingCycle(C ontrol bottom, Control toFind)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Owner(Form value)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
bei com.Promixis.Controls.StateEntryEditorControl.Show Picker()
bei com.Promixis.Controls.StateEntryEditorControl.pain tBox_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
bei DevExpress.Utils.Controls.PanelBase.WndProc(Messag e& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
NRDesigner
Win32-Version: 2.0.0.11.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/NRDesigner.exe.
DevExpress.Utils.v8.3
Assembly-Version: 8.3.3.0.
Win32-Version: 8.3.3.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.Utils.v8.3.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
DevExpress.OfficeSkins.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.OfficeSkins.v8.3.DLL.
DevExpress.BonusSkins.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.BonusSkins.v8.3.DLL.
mscorlib.resources
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
NetRemoteControl
Assembly-Version: 1.0.3358.15270.
Win32-Version: 1.0.3358.15270.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/NetRemoteControl.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraBars.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraBars.v8.3.DLL.
DevExpress.Data.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.Data.v8.3.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v8.3.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v8.3.DLL.
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
Interop.NetRemoteLibrary
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/Interop.NetRemoteLibrary.DLL.
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll.
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
Assembly-Version: 0.84.0.0.
Win32-Version: 0.84.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraVerticalGrid.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraVerticalGrid.v8.3.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v8.3
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v8.3.DLL.
System.resources
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll.
System.Drawing.Design
CodeBase: file:///D:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.Design.dll.
Girder
Assembly-Version: 1.0.3323.19408.
Win32-Version: 1.0.3323.19408.
CodeBase: file:///D:/Programme/Promixis/NetRemote%20Designer/Girder.DLL.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Rob H
March 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
I can't reproduce that here at all I'm afraid.

BTW it only requires a single click.

What sort of PC are you running NRD on? ie what speed CPU, how many cores, what OS?

Wilhelm
March 23rd, 2009, 09:34 AM
Win2K, AMD Athlon X2, 4850e, 2,3GHz.
I can reproduce it. After you have once used the element properties window it is broken.

The IR Action stays when I edit it that way. ok.
BTW. Could you please replace the dropdow icon in the states field and the other attributes that open a different dialog with '...'? This would very much help editing the attributes.
Opening a dialog on a dropdown icon goes against every UI design rule...

and another thing: Using a doubleclick to select and close the image picker would very much speed up the work - instead of selecting and clicking "ok".

Thanks

Rob H
March 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Ah, let me try it with opening the element properties window. Yes, that does indeed let me reproduce the problem.

I'm not sure about the dropdown indicators though - most all of them don't actually open dialogs with the exception of the Font button, and that does show the ...

The states editor isn't a dialog, it's a composite editor - if you click outside the bounds of that editor it will disappear.

You're right about the image picker though, double clicking should close the dialog.

Wilhelm
March 23rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the reply, Rob

you know, I really have difficulties working with it, as the user interface rarely conforms to windows behaviour. I'm just trying to think what the anomalies are to make it easier for everyone.

Rob H
March 23rd, 2009, 12:47 PM
If you can point out instances where it really doesn't conform with normal Windows application behaviour I'll try to correct them.

The property editors are not dissimilar from the ones you get in Visual Studio, although I may do something about the states editor and action editor since they are really collection editors and most of the equivalents in Visual Studio use dialogs. I'm not 100% convinced that it's a major problem though.

Wilhelm
March 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not 100% convinced that it's a major problem though.
I understand and agree.
Let's just fix the bugs.
Thanks

jwilson56
April 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Hey Rob I finally have some time so I upgraded Nowplaying to the latest NR and NRD. I loaded and resaved in the new file format and a quick test didn't show any problems. I will have to study the changed in the NRD. Looks good doing a quick glance.

One thing I noticed is the Component Gallery Load. When will more graphics libraries be offered?

ph0n33z
April 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Alright,

(I accidently posted this in the main forum before I saw this sticky. I apologize!)

I just upgraded to the latest NRD (BETA) and NR. I believe I have isolated the problem to the addition of an execute LUA code (onrelease) to multiple buttons at the same time. This is the code I am adding:

ControlCurrentLight([[<CurrentLight>]],[[<^^>\<CurrentLight>]])

When I add this action to one button at a time, it seems to save just fine. However, when I add it to more than one, I get the following error on save:

"There was a problem saving the CCF (The given key was not present in the dictionary.). The original file has been restored."

Any ideas?
Edit/Delete Message

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM
One thing I noticed is the Component Gallery Load. When will more graphics libraries be offered?

When I, or someone else gets around to creating them I'm afraid.

Any suggestions for the sorts of components you'd like to see?

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 05:35 AM
When I add this action to one button at a time, it seems to save just fine.

Ah, I don't think I'd tested adding an action to more than one button at a time. I think I know what's going wrong here.

I wonder if the same applies to making font changes to multiple buttons too.

I'll check it out.

For now, just stick to a single button and copying the action to the other buttons.

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 08:40 AM
When I, or someone else gets around to creating them I'm afraid.

Any suggestions for the sorts of components you'd like to see?

Well for people less artistic I would presume you could offer a few theme based libraries to allow them to reskin or build a CCF to the way they want it.

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Well I think I found my first bug using the new NRD. On a button I used "Set variable to value" for the action

showkeyboard,1

However it doesn't get saved. Sometimes it looks like it is saved but when you open the button back up all the actions are gone. Seems like no action will get saved.

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Known bug for the Element properties window which will be removed in an upcoming version. Can you confirm that it works okay with the property grid?

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Ok... found the properties grid. Seems to work there... but please do not get rid of the Edit Actions Element window as I for one find having to expand the Properties grid to edit actions a big inefficiency myself. I usually right click on a button and choose Edit Action. That seems intuitive to me and it very efficient.

Also you seem to have taken out the function to make all selected boxes the same size. Or am I imagining that it was there?

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I generally leave the property grid docked either above or below the tree view. That makes it much easier to select it. You can also leave it floating if you prefer. The docking system is quite flexible.

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Another bug I think.... seems the Alignment for text boxes don't work. The text seems to always be Top Left. On frames the name will follow the alignment fine so it seems to be only on Text Edit Box Component that its not working

As for the Properties I will play with it and see if it will grow on me. One thing nice would be to shrink the size of the area where it says "The shows the description of the property". On my screen resolution that is over an inch tall.

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Another bug.....

Previously created CCF's loaded into the latest NRD do not have the fonts name displayed in the Properties panel and is 'blank'. The correct font are still being displayed though. Also I do not see anyway to choose the special symbols used with the Pronto font (such as the next and previous arrows).

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Another bug I think.... seems the Alignment for text boxes don't work. The text seems to always be Top Left. On frames the name will follow the alignment fine so it seems to be only on Text Edit Box Component that its not working

Already fixed in the next build. Will probably have to wait for Ron to come back from holiday for that.

As for the Properties I will play with it and see if it will grow on me. One thing nice would be to shrink the size of the area where it says "The shows the description of the property". On my screen resolution that is over an inch tall.
I'll see what I can do there

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Another bug.....

Previously created CCF's loaded into the latest NRD do not have the fonts name displayed in the Properties panel and is 'blank'. The correct font are still being displayed though.

Hmm... not sure if I've fixed that yet.

Also I do not see anyway to choose the special symbols used with the Pronto font (such as the next and previous arrows).
Good point. I'll address that too.

BTW you may want to take a look at this rather nice font from GuiFX - new version in case you had their old transport font

http://blog.guifx.com/category/downloads/fonts/

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Hmm... not sure if I've fixed that yet.

Good point. I'll address that too.

BTW you may want to take a look at this rather nice font from GuiFX - new version in case you had their old transport font

http://blog.guifx.com/category/downloads/fonts/

Thanks.. will check it out for sure.... been going through and updating and cleaning Nowplaying 2009.

jwilson56
April 8th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Any chance you could get the Dimensions/Location to update in realtime as you move/drag a button/frame? It would make things easier.

Same goes for the Size as well

Rob H
April 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yup, already done for the next build.

I think the only outstanding thing is the Symbol keyboard - still working out how best to implement that.

ph0n33z
April 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I am having issue adding an execute lua code (OnDown and OnRelease) to a button. I type in the code, add it, choose OK, and then when I reopen to check it, it is gone. I can't seem to get it to actually add the action to the button.

Rob H
April 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM
This is a known issue with the element properties window (which will be removed soon). Please use the property grid that should normally be located underneath the tree view (or can be docked there).

dsmes
April 13th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Already fixed in the next build. Will probably have to wait for Ron to come back from holiday for that.It looks like John is finding the same bugs I identified three weeks ago. One exception is the Pronto Special Characters... a fix for that would be worth waiting a few more days. Once Ron catches up from his well deserved holiday and posts a new build, I'd like to suggest we start a new thread so it's easier to see what new issues and fixes have been identified.

Rob H
April 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I have a few more things to fix/change before the next release, and the special characters issue is one of them. I've dropped the Element properties window in the next release as I'm happy enough that all issues are resolved apart from the special characters one.

A major feature (from my point of view at least) in the new build is a much enhanced Lua editor that can be used to edit more than just the CCF's .lua file. There are still one or two issues with this that need to be resolved before then next release, but I think it will be good not to need an extra editor to edit Lua scripts.

I definitely agree that we need new threads for bugs and issues with NRD. In fact I'd recommend that people start new threads for each issue, that will make it much easier to keep track.

jwilson56
April 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM
Hey Rob any chance we could get a release soon with all the fixes/changes you have mentioned?

Rob H
April 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
I still have one or two things to tweak, but it should be some time this week.

Wilhelm
April 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Rob,

is there any chance the IR instance switching we talked about will make it into this release (or at all?).
I am still struggeling with using many differrent IR senders (mostly GC) in different rooms. I just don't want to put a switching command into every single action in every single button.
Pretty please???

Wilhelm

Rob H
April 22nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
We're talking about NRD here, not NR.

I'm not completely ruling it out for the next release of NR

Wilhelm
April 22nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks Rob,

for your answer.

We're talking about NRD here, not NR.

I knew that, but was under the impression, that you needed to put the IR instance into the properties of the panel or device of the CCF so I assumed, the designer had to be enhanced for that option. Thats why I asked.

Nevertheless you answer leaves me with a little hope, that this option might come.
Thanks again

Rob H
April 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
No point in adding it until it's supported by NR, they pretty much have to go hand in hand.

jwilson56
April 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Component Galley slider bug found.....

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19839

jumbodogs
May 1st, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hello

Think I was running into the same problem ph0n33z was having

I am having issue adding an execute lua code (OnDown and OnRelease) to a button. I type in the code, add it, choose OK, and then when I reopen to check it, it is gone. I can't seem to get it to actually add the action to the button.

I was able to get the code to stay after talking to JWilson56 in chat for awhile. It also seemed like the button I created was bugged .... needed to delete and recreate before it finally was working.

I think I read that a new release was coming out this week or next just wondering if its out and I missed it?

Rob H
May 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
It should be early next week

jwilson56
May 1st, 2009, 09:27 AM
Actually it is quite confusing right now. As an old timer I am so used to double clicking an object and making the changes from there.

I also have noticed some weird behavior when copying button, looks and actions from one CCF to another. It doesn't seem to be repeatable and like jumbodogs has stated sometime it requires deleting the button and starting over. One such problem is copying actions. Sometimes they just will not copy over to the new button.

I push my way through these problems but I know it has to be frustrating for any newbies that are unsure if its something they are not doing right or a bug. So I am looking forward to the new release.

Rob H
May 1st, 2009, 10:14 AM
I'll try to take a look at copying from one CCF to another as well.

jwilson56
May 1st, 2009, 10:32 AM
I'll try to take a look at copying from one CCF to another as well.

The buttons jumbodog was playing with had 2 states used in a 'radio button' setup.

Rob H
May 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks, that really shouldn't make a difference, but if I can't reproduce it otherwise I'll take a look.

jwilson56
May 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Any chance we are going to see a new version this week?

Rob H
May 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Maybe, but no promises. You keep finding things for me to fix!

Solosid
May 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
arrrghhh...

I saw this pop up on the new posts and thought 'yesss update'

come on Rob 'stick yer neck out' ...theres a whole 2 days left of this week

give us some hope... ;)

Cheers

Mark

Ron
May 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM
build 12 has been released.

Changes (I hope I haven't missed any)

Removed the element properties window
Improved Lua editor - now works with any Lua file, not just the Lua file associated with the CCF. It is now a dockable window.
Added "Make Names Relative" and "Make Names Absolute" commands. e.g. if you have a button called Light.On contained within a frame called Light, Make Names Relative will change the name of the button to <^>.On
Added a symbol editor - used for the Name property when a symbolic font is selected
Replaced the original context sensitive buttons with an alpha transparent window, should be more responsive
Removed the inplace editing of element names - it was too irritating when trying to double click
Plugin action dialog now supports selection of Lua variables from a tree. Requires latest version of NetRemote
I hope I've fixed the issue with the render control not scrolling correctly with the mouse wheel
Copying to the clipboard is now protected by an exception handler so it won't show an error if the clipboard is locked by another application
Copying a button from one CCF to another was converting it to a frame
Improved the appearance of context menus (should now be skinned along with the rest of NRD
Undo/Redo wasn't refreshing the screen for move commands
Drag-and-drop now works in the action designer again
Plugin action editor now uses Tahoma
Added commands to transform a button to a frame and vice versa
Added a splitter to the property grid
Action designer now shows a loading message
Changing the fonts or actions of multiple elements at a time no longer causes a problem with saving
Double clicking on an image in the gallery selects it and closes the dialog
Group and ungroup now preserve relative naming
Element tooltips in the tree will now show the relative name if it's different from the actual name
Element tooltips in the tree now show the element's image if there is one

Apologies for the delay in producing this version. I haven't yet had a chance to add any new components, but I'll be working on them this week.

jwilson56
May 11th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Well initial tests confirm many of the bugs are fixed... great job Rob...

Rob H
May 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
If you find any that I've missed I'm sure you'll let me know :)

jwilson56
May 11th, 2009, 07:16 PM
If you find any that I've missed I'm sure you'll let me know :)

Would you rather I keep them to myself? lol

Rob H
May 11th, 2009, 07:23 PM
No, definitely not :)

Best to start fresh threads though - this one is getting really unwieldy.

jwilson56
May 11th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Will do...

Is there a way to put in tickets for NRD yet? too bad the new NR didn't work as well... :-(

Rob H
May 12th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I'd suggest putting them in the same section as NR for now

VSDomotics
May 17th, 2009, 11:18 AM
With every update the available working area seems to decrease. Now I also have to keep the Properties Grid open. Can't you make it appear when I double click the element I want to change the properties from and let is disappear again when hitting the enter button (or something like that)?

Is it a good idea to put both the position items (horizontal an vertical position) in two fields behind the 'Location' label (inclusing the up/down arrows)? This way you immediately can change the position without first expanding the 'Position' entry.
Now I have to click the + to expand when I like to change the position and after changing focus to another element, I have to do the same again.

The same applies to the 'Size' label.

BTW it is really odd to push a drop down symbol to open new windows.

Rob H
May 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Try docking the Property grid underneath the tree view.

if you want to increase the amount of space available you can also unpin the treeview and property grid. The layout is very flexible and changed with your concerns about screen space in mind.

I may see if I can make the Location and Size fields auto expand.

They really aren't windows as such, just large dropdowns

rpalmer68
May 31st, 2009, 06:13 AM
I haven't used NRD for quite a while, and I have to say WOW!!

Version 2.x is fantastic, well done Rob you've done an excellent job!

Richard

Wilhelm
May 31st, 2009, 07:54 AM
Hi Rob,

I just installed the Build12 to try again.
Just a short UI question: How do I move a device page group up in the tree? I tried to drag, cut and paste.
Drag doesn't work at all.
Cut removes the group to the clipboard, but I'm only able to inssert it at the end of the tree - and it gets renamed. ?!?
Is there any way to move a group up? I use the device list and wanted to change the order of the menue items.

Thanks for your help
Wilhelm

P.S. I still was hoping for an IR instance property in the device group/page :(

Rob H
May 31st, 2009, 11:46 AM
I haven't used NRD for quite a while, and I have to say WOW!!

Version 2.x is fantastic, well done Rob you've done an excellent job!

Richard

Thanks Richard, it's nice to be appreciated :)

Rob H
May 31st, 2009, 11:47 AM
I just installed the Build12 to try again.
Just a short UI question: How do I move a device page group up in the tree? I tried to drag, cut and paste.
Drag doesn't work at all.
Cut removes the group to the clipboard, but I'm only able to inssert it at the end of the tree - and it gets renamed. ?!?
Is there any way to move a group up? I use the device list and wanted to change the order of the menue items.

Hmm... I'll have to check into that

Wilhelm
June 1st, 2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks, and sorry that I keep repeating to report bugs...
Another one:

I have a button with the followin actions:
1. HTTP Request
2. Delay
3. HTTP Request

I copied that button and removed action 2 in the copy. It works ok, but the properties pane of the copy still shows 3 actions, and clicking the Button beside the 3 actions entry opens a dialog which still has the original 3 actions in it. This remeains after saving and reloading the CCF.

Cheers
Wilhelm

Rob H
June 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
Did you close the popup using the OK button?

Wilhelm
June 2nd, 2009, 08:22 AM
As far as I remember I deleted the action in the tree via context menue.

Rob H
June 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Hmm... that might be broken then

Wilhelm
June 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
And another one:

I realized, when trying to make my CCF fit for my HTC display with 480x800 that the designer is unable to scroll correctly vertical, if the size exeeds the screen.
This makes it vitually unusable for such a screen formats. What can I do?

Cheers

Rob H
June 7th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I'd hoped I'd fixed those issues.

I'd recommend using the zoom slider for now, or the fit to screen button.

Wilhelm
June 7th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hi Rob,

I think you misinterpreted my problem.
Its not in the running NR /CCF. It's in the designer. I have a screen 1280x1024. A ccf with 800x480 is higher that the screen space left in the designer. So it has to scroll to design der bottom of each page. There is no slider, that will help me with that. ;-)

Thanks

Rob H
June 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM
And you misunderstood me - there should be a zoom slider in the toolbar.

Wilhelm
June 8th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Ahh, thanks. That's better than scrolling anyway.
Sorry, it seems quite stupid of me that I didn't see that control.

Manser
June 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
If I copy some actions form one button to an other, I can't change the order (up down) of them. It looks like the order is changing in the background, because if I select the last action, designer delete an other one.

Rob H
June 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Interesting, and this only happens with copied actions?

I'll take a look at this when I get my workstation PC working again.

Manser
June 10th, 2009, 04:20 AM
No sorry, the same behaviour with new added actions

Manser
June 10th, 2009, 07:12 AM
An other one: (already reported)
1)
Copy a frame with buttons from one page to an other, then it's not possible to
edit the buttons in that frame. I can edit the actions in the tree but there are
no properties available.

----------------
2)
So I first have to create a new frame, copy all elements in the old frame and paste them into the new frame. Then move all elements to the right place,
which is also an bug I think, in the previous version designer copied elements
at the same locations with is very useful.

------------
3)
then the action edit window disappears if you click somewhere else then in this window. In my opinion It should stay in front until I click OK or cancel. This behavior makes it not possible to edit a jump action.

In gereral:

Designer is very slow with moving elements if more then one element is selected.

Rob H
June 10th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Can you confirm what version of NRD you're using?

Manser
June 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
2.0.0 beta build 12

tested on two different pc's

hang on, shouldn't be a problem that I work on a oem build 134 of NR???

marketability
June 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I see the same issue on NRD 2.0.0.12
Cheers

marketability
June 10th, 2009, 11:48 AM
sorry - one more

if you delete a button to which another refers as an alias and then attempt to save the CCF
the CCF can't be saved, you can't undo the change and have to quit NRD

"There was a problem saving the CCF. (The given key was not present in the dictionary). The original file has been restored"

the original file isn't restored and so you have to quit NRD

Rob H
June 10th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Oh dear, that's not good

Manser
June 11th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I can confirm the one of marketability. That's an other one :(

Manser
June 11th, 2009, 06:29 AM
By the way:

A wish of me is a drop down list in the state rules:

is / is bigger / is smaller, maybe the possibility to add a second rule.

so the rule could be if this var is bigger and the other var is 1 then do the state change.

Only a small input ;-)

Yes, I now there is the lua rule.. :)

jwilson56
June 11th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Yeah I confirm some issues with copying stuff from one page to another. It is like it changes buttons to frames.

marketability
June 11th, 2009, 07:46 AM
The copy/paste shortcuts (CTRL-C, etc) don't seem to work
they cause the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error

The copy/paste from a right click work fine

Cheers

Rob H
June 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah I confirm some issues with copying stuff from one page to another. It is like it changes buttons to frames.

Oh? I thought I'd fixed that one! Maybe that was post build 12 though.

Manser
June 11th, 2009, 08:40 AM
there is something with the deleting buttons and frames.

I can select one -- right click delete -- ok

select an other one -- right click delete -- nothing happens
I first have to click somewhere else, then select the button and then I can delete it.

pfeifer
June 11th, 2009, 03:32 PM

I first have to click somewhere else, then select the button and then I can delete it.

The same for me.
Bye
Pfeifer

Rob H
June 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
An other one: (already reported)
1)
Copy a frame with buttons from one page to an other, then it's not possible to
edit the buttons in that frame. I can edit the actions in the tree but there are
no properties available.

Fixed in the next build as far as I can tell (this is within the same CCF I take it?)

3)
then the action edit window disappears if you click somewhere else then in this window. In my opinion It should stay in front until I click OK or cancel. This behavior makes it not possible to edit a jump action.

Oops, that was because the jump action editor wasn't set as a topmost window. Fixed in the next build.

In general:

Designer is very slow with moving elements if more then one element is selected.

It was moderately slow at moving a single element as well. This has been speeded up quite considerably (previously each time the mouse was moved it would execute a move command - now the move command is only executed when you release the mouse button - it's astonishing just how much quicker it is now).

Rob H
June 18th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Can't reproduce this here with my development build, or indeed with the release build.