PDA

View Full Version : how do you copy page groups from one ccf to another?

gdiamond
August 29th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm trying to create a very basic ccf for my 4 zone first-floor system. I have 3 USB DACs connected to my computer, and want to access the mediabridge pagegroup from the default netremote ccf from my new main homepage. How do I copy this? Every combo of copy/paste I tried on-screen failed to bring it in. Is this not possible? Thanks!!

gdiamond
August 29th, 2008, 04:47 PM
to be a little more specific, i want to have my own custom main page and when i click on a button have it link to what I would link to from the "listen to music" button on default netremote. Thanks for any help!!!

Rob H
August 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Did you try right clicking on the page group in question and selecting "Copy", then switching to the other CCF and right-clicking on "Page Groups" and selecting "Paste"?

gdiamond
August 31st, 2008, 10:52 AM
Rob,

That is what i tried to do at first. Restarting the computer solved the problem. Thanks for the reply tho! Now I cant get usb-uirt to work at all with netremote. It works with girder, so i know it works. I learn the command, that goes well, then I turn off learn mode and click the button and the light lights up on the usb-uirt but my devices dont respond. They do, however, from girder. I really hope I don't need to buy girder just to get the usb-uirt to work....i thought netremote would be sufficient for this. Any help would be appreciated....I think im going to post in the usb-uirt forum. Thanks!
-Grant

Rob H
August 31st, 2008, 11:26 AM
It should work - how far away from the USB-UIRT did you hold the remote when you learnt the command? I generally recommend holding it quite close e.g. about 1 inch away.

Rob H
September 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM
hope you guys add rose online soon...i refuse to buy from other sites as i dont trust them

Um? Could you explain that? What does a MMORPG have to do with anything?

dsmes
October 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Did you try right clicking on the page group in question and selecting "Copy", then switching to the other CCF and right-clicking on "Page Groups" and selecting "Paste"?Hi Rob, I was doing some NRD editing and ran into the same problem of copying a whole page... it didn't work per what you state above (which is intuitive and worked quite well in previous versions). I don't know if this maters, but I was trying to copy a NRD 1.0 format page into a CCF built with NRD format 1.1(rev 1.4).

Rob H
October 4th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Ah, that may be the issue - does it work for you if you first convert the 1.0 CCF into 1.1 format?

dsmes
October 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
No it still doesn't work after converting the "copy from" CCF to the latest format. The paste button is grayed out. I can copy/paste the contents of a page (even from an old format), but not the whole page.

Rob H
October 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I've only found one circumstance so far where this doesn't work, and that's where the CCFs are different sizes. e.g. copying from a 480x640 CCF to a 1280x1024 one

dsmes
October 6th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Ahhh.. that would explain it as the page I'm trying to copy is smaller. I remember this working in the past. The smaller page would paste in the upper left corner and the out-of-bounds area of the larger CCF (what I pasted into) would be blank.

Rob H
October 6th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Okay, I'll see what I can do to fix this - can you confirm that it works if you first convert the smaller file to a larger size?

dsmes
October 17th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Okay, I'll see what I can do to fix this - can you confirm that it works if you first convert the smaller file to a larger size?I did this and copying pages still does NOT work. However, copying an entire page group does (I had not tried this before). Once I have copied the entire page group, I am now able to copy individual pages.
----edit---------
That figures... right after i post, it starts working. I closed the CCF I'm trying to paste into and re-opened it. Now copy-n-paste of individual pages seems to work!

Rob H
October 17th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Now that is weird!