PDA

View Full Version : How to create my own application def with custom actions?

rajivdallas
September 8th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hello,

I have been playing with Girder for about 2 weeks now and learnt a lot and managed to solve all my problems.

I do have one question - How can I create a custom application definition for an application that is not supported? (I know i can create a new GML and associate it with the exe I want - sorta like the Calculator example)...My real question is -

How can I create a application definition for a application with custom actions?

My goal is to create my own GML for Foobar that will be complete with custom actions that are specific to foobar.

Guess, the main question boils down to - how to create my own custom actions?

Thanks
Rajiv

blubberhoofd
September 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM
hi,

it sounds like you're using Girder 4's novice interface, so the first step for creating a new GML is to switch to the expert interface via the 'view' menu.

then add a new gml via the 'file' menu.

on the right side of the screen you'll see the new GML with a new main group.

you'll now be able to drag and drop actions from the action tab on the left side of the screen into the new group.

rajivdallas
September 9th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I think you mis-interpreted my request...I already know how to create a basic GML file (and I am running in expert mode, not novice)...and drag "pre-defined" actions (stuff that is explained in the examples section of the manual).

What I am looking for is how to create my own custom actions that are *not* part of the pre-defined actions...for example: when I see the VLC actions that come with the application definition file, there is a action called "Subtitle delay +50 ms" which as you know is not past of the pre-defined actions.

My question is - how can I create such custom actions for the foobar GML that I create (or for that matter a GML for any application that is not provided as a predefined GML from Proiximus)?

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Rob H
September 9th, 2008, 08:29 PM
That action is just a SendMessage action, not really a custom action.

However you can create your own actions that will appear in the Actions tree in Lua or by writing a plugin DLL.