PDA

View Full Version : can't get UIRT2 working - help please!

rebeltaz
September 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I built the device shown on hxxp://fukushima.us/UIRT2 but I cannot get it working. I etched the board from the pattern and checked to make sure there were no voids or bridges. All of the components are new and inserted in the correct polarization where appropriate.

I programmed the PIC (4 MHZ with a 4 MHZ crystal) in circuit at first. Since the circuit didn't work, I thought maybe the chip didn't get programmed correctly. I removed it from the circuit and, using a stand-alone programmer that I built (and have used numerous times, so I'm sure that it is functioning correctly), verified that the code was indeed written to the chip without any errors. Just to be sure, I reprogrammed it with the programmer. The circuit still didn't work.

As long as the circuit is not plugged into the computer, the test program shows both the "send" and "receive" data, but as soon as you plug the circuit in, the program no longer shows any "receive" data. Girder reports that it "cannot read 1st char."

Just for the record, I am a professional electronics technician with over 20 years experience - so I'm not exactly an amateur with no idea what I am doing. This has me stumped. I emailed the creator (Luc), but never got a response. I hope someone here can help me figure out what the problem is.

Thanks....

digishank
September 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hi,

Do you wish to spend some money to solve the problem...if it is the case i know a place that you can help...

digishank
September 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
HIi,

Sorry forgot to menion the website.You can get some coder for that in elance

rebeltaz
September 23rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hi,

Do you wish to spend some money to solve the problem...if it is the case i know a place that you can help...

I'm sorry, I don't understand. How can a programmer help me?

windtrader
October 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Did you get this working?

I've not been here for quite awhile but if you are still having trouble please post your status. btw - the website you got the info is me.

rebeltaz
October 10th, 2008, 05:14 PM
No... I never have gotten it to work. My status is pretty much where I left it when I posted this. I never could figure out anything else to do.

I appreciate the circuit/programs on your site, and would appreciate it even more if I could get this freakin thing working! :)

Thanks..