PDA

View Full Version : NRD not cleaning up after itself

vitello
September 12th, 2008, 10:47 PM
First of all I want to say that I love the new NRD. It was a great tool, and the new version
is even better.

The problem I am having is that NRD is not deleting coding in the CCF when I delete pages,
images, etc. I noticed that my CCF always kept growing and growing. So I make a copy
and deleted everything except for a blank home page. Well, the file size barely decreased
at all from its original 8 MB size. NRD says that there is nothing in the CCF, but if I take
a look inside the CCF file itself I find references to my original CCF all over the place.

It looks like NRD is just hiding things when I delete and not doing any real clean up when
CCF files are saved to disk.

Peter

Rob H
September 13th, 2008, 02:58 AM
That's interesting - I'll see if I can see what's going on.

Rob H
September 13th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Ah, I think I can see what's happening here. NRD is marking the pages and page groups deleted, but still writing out the elements on the pages - let me see if I can fix this without impacting too much on the speed of saving the CCF.

Rob H
September 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
It was worse than I thought! There were about 3 different issues contributing to the problem.

Fixed in the next build, although I'm not sure when that will be released. In the meantime you may find some improvement if you save the file, reload it and then save to a new filename.

vitello
September 14th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Rob,

I'm glad that you were able to find what was going on. My CCF was getting too big
for my Axim ram disk. I'm curious to see how small my CCF shrinks too.

Peter

Rob H
September 14th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I deleted everything from a 2Mb CCF and it shrank down to 10k, so I'm fairly confident that you should see a good reduction in size :)