PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Favourite?

Solosid
October 22nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
hi all,
what your favourite Music player & Dvd player to integrate into NR & why...

Solosid
November 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi All,

Just trying to integrate a PC DVD programme into NR....

what do you use and why.....

Cheers

Mark

VicVonDoom
November 8th, 2008, 01:55 PM
use JRiver media centre for audio (it supports multiple zones - different tunes on different outputs, providing you gots the hardware to support it....)
also mediabridge supports it with no grief at all, set it up and leave it alone. i've been using it since i found nr 9months ago & had no major problems. bearing in mind i hadn't even heard of it until then :)

use Zoomplayer for your dvd player as the plugin in nr is faultless. the plugin also allows you to control different 'instances'. (i.e. budget pc next to every tv in your house & control of each instance - thats gotta be good as an installed multiroom dvd setup from an AV company will set you back 10k!!!)

i'd put good money on 9/10 users using this setup.

i've tried other stuff & ended up with a shed full of uselessness and a grumpy missus due to spending all my time trying to get it work ;)

just wait until you get the 'cannotleaveitalone' bug - i think we should start a forum for promixis widows............

Solosid
November 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Jim,

Which level of Zoomplayer?

cheers

Mark

jwilson56
November 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
For music JRMC is by far the best. Flawless integration with NR with easy to setup multizone. Each NR client can be viewing any zone you want. Can't praise it enough.

Solosid
November 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hi John,

I have brought the JRiver12 with free upgrade to 13

I have just been trying your hide curser LUA from cocoontech

not working yet..still trying to understand this LUA stuff

the snippet forum for LUA is a brilliant idea

cheers

Mark

VicVonDoom
November 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
zoomplayer pro is the one to get. if memory serves, zoomplayer standard doesn't do DVD playback.
I wouldn't bother using jrmc for DVD as it's tricky to do the menu navigation and general control.
I know it costs more, but it'll save you a shed full of grief...trust me....

jwilson56
November 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Solosid check this CCF out. You can copy the buttons over to your CCF. I made these invisible in Now Playing.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?p=131564#post131564