PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help me, blank screen...

kjetilhansen
October 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I startet up net remote designer today, and the netremote window was all white... And when the designer opened the group "home" was missing...
What happent?? This is 1 month work up in smoke if this is all lost :(
I dont got backup of the file any other place eighter... :(

The thing i dont get is the .ccf file is not 0kb it is 563kb...
Please help me, i cant start all this all over again...

Ill upload the ccf file if anybody can load it and see if they get it all white too...
I open other ccf files and they work...

http://dump.no/files/42a82de488a7/kjetta.ccf

Thank you so much for help!

Solosid
October 27th, 2008, 02:45 PM
hi Kjetil,

i have downloaded the ccf and it appears empty... sorry

mark

kjetilhansen
October 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Thank you for looking at it atleast...

:( So all my work was for nothing...
Anybody have a theory on what went wrong?
And why the file is that big, and still empty?

This sucks bigtime... Weeks of designing for nothing... :S

jwilson56
October 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I would hope Rob could load the CCF and maybe see what got corrupted. But...

As someone who has created many skins over the years I never save to the same filename when I am developing one. I always use a number at the end and use "Save As" and increment the number. Over the years I have seen CCF's get corrupt (you should have had to use Tonto). At the very least its a quick way to get back to your old work in case you change your mind about something you have changed. Just make sure you F5 to send the new one to NR after you save as.

One last thing.. I also had a hard drive crash in the middle of developing Now Playing 2005 so another thing I always do it to back up my work to a network drive or USB thumb drive. I would have lost all my Photoshop files as well as my CCF had I not done that.

Good Luck

Rob H
October 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I would agree with John about the saving strategy to use, but I'll try to recover this tomorrow - the problem seems to be that the header contains little useful information, e.g. various offsets in the file that should contain useable values contain zeroes.

If you can tell me the names of some of the devices you used that would help me to attempt a recovery. Also, did you use any of the templates and template overlays?

What version of NRD were you using?

kjetilhansen
October 27th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you so much!
I am using version 1.1.0.42...
What do you mean when you say devices?
All i did was to make my own background and made a frame an loaded it in the "Master template" section...

And i had one "new file" in the home section. i made 3 page groups called "enheter" "inputs" i cant remember the last one...
I have one backup on the other computer, but that was saved a long time after this crash though... I can upload that too if you need it, but if there is no chance of recorery, it looks like i must start over :(

Rob H
October 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Did you mean that the other file was saved a long time before the crash? If so then it may help me to get an idea of the layout of the CCF.

1.1.0.42 is quite old - you should at least be using 1.1.0.51 or the most recent of the 2.0 builds of NRD.

I'm not sure when the saving routine was upgraded to include making a backup of the current file that should be automatically restored if there's an error during saving, but it may have been between 1.1.0.42 and 1.1.0.51.

kjetilhansen
October 27th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I am not shure what i downloaded.. All i know is that i downloadet it from this site... But i will upgrade the designer :) In hope that it will work better :)
I dont got the ccf file here, it is on my work computer, so i will upload it asap when i get to work tomorrow :) Yes, i got a backup Before the crash.
But i made many more pages, buttons after the backup, but if it will help, it will be the first thing ill do at work tomorrow.

Thank you so much for helping me at this time :)

Rob H
October 27th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I can't promise when or even if I'll be able to recover the CCF, but I'll give it my best shot.

kjetilhansen
October 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Thank you so much, here's the file. Do you need the pictures to?
http://dump.no/files/a63d5cfba279/kjetta.ccf

Rob H
October 28th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I'll let you know if I need anything else once I've had a look

kjetilhansen
October 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Any progress? Any hope for it?

Rob H
October 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Not had a chance to look yet I'm afraid - I'm having a new kitchen fitted, spent most of yesterday packing everything away ready for them to start today.

kjetilhansen
October 30th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Ah, congrats :) Okay, just wanted to see if you maby forgot, but when you have time :) Thanks again!