PDA

View Full Version : Elk Plug-In Enhancements

harleydude
October 28th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Now that cold days are beginning to make for more time being spent indoors, I am working on what needs to be done to the Elk Plug-In. Below are a few things that come to mind. If anyone has any other thoughts/suggestions please let me know.

Moving non-alarm zones to a new device type - I have several motion sensors that I use for lighting control, and I know a couple of people using inputs for other non-security related tasks. In the Elk I have programmed these as Non-Alarm inputs. I am considering removing them from the Security\Zone device type to another device type.

Support for outputs above 64 - The Elk does not allow for outputs above 64 to have names, the plug-in only shows devices that have names associated with them. Outputs above 64 can be used as virtual outputs, since they do not show up in the plug-in I am now considering a method to allow only the outputs desired instead of all above 64.

Read/Write counters

System Status device - reports the following
AC Fail Trouble
Box Tamper Trouble
Fail To Communicate Trouble
EEProm Memory Error Trouble
Low Battery Control Trouble
Transmitter Low Battery Trouble
Over Current Trouble
Telephone Fault Trouble
Output 2 Trouble
Missing Keypad Trouble
Zone Expander Trouble
Output Expander Trouble
ELKRP Remote Access
Common Area Not Armed
Flash Memory Error Trouble
Security Alert
Serial Port Expander Trouble
Lost Transmitter Trouble
GE Smoke CleanMe Trouble
Ethernet Trouble
Display Message In Keypad Line 1
Display Message In Keypad Line 2
Fire Trouble
Discovery Complete
Connection Status

jwilson56
October 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I agree on the non secure zones... would be nice nice to have them included in the same device path as the secure ones.