PDA

View Full Version : Mute Button State

Solosid
October 31st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Hi All,

Can anybody post a ccf for the mute button...what I'm having trouble with is the button holding its state eg 'mute all' when music playing and muted when 'muted'

or point me in the right direction...please

I have spent a good 7-8 hours trying to work this out

Cheers

Mark

Solosid
November 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Hi All,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find this info...

when the mute button is pressed the button stays as the pressed state?

cheers

Mark

Rob H
November 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I must have missed this the first time.

There's a variable called MP.MuteState that holds the value 1 when muted and 0 when not muted.

You need to add a state to your button - if you're using NRD 2.0 then you can use the Add State button to add the state, if you're using NRD 1.1 then you need to right-click on the States list for the button and select Add State from the context menu.

The rule would then be

MP.MuteState is 1
and you'll need to set the button images appropriately for that state. Again, if you're using NRD 2.0 then you can just use the swap button between the button images to exchange the Released and Pressed button images. Otherwise you'll need to click on each button image to change to the appropriate image for each state.

Solosid
November 3rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
If the mute buttons are different will this make a difference to the way the
state reacts

I cannot get this button to hold!!!! its driving me nuts...

any ideas...would uploading the CCF help?????

arrrrgggghhh

Mark

Rob H
November 4th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Not sure I follow what you're saying there about the buttons being different.

Sure, upload the CCF - you'll probably have to zip it up. Better still a cut down version with just the mute button on the home page will make it easier to see what's wrong.

Solosid
November 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Rob,

Sorted it...I had copied the Mute button onto the device template without the State is 1 this was confusing the screen? and me....

cheers

Mark

Rob H
November 5th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Good news, glad you have it working.

Solosid
November 5th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hi All,

Right which 'layer' do I put the mute button on so its visible on each and every page... I have tried putting it on the 'master template overlay'
it shows on the 'Page Groups/Home/Main'... but doesn't 'Page Groups/Music/Main' or 'Page Groups/Radio/Main' etc. etc.

1. any ideas
2. do i need it physically on all pages/layers
3. will it work on all pages/layers

It does seem to work when its on the 'Master Template' and the 'Device Template' but them I have trouble with the 'state' holding the button?

cheers

Mark

Rob H
November 5th, 2008, 12:53 PM
It should be fine on either the of those overlays.

By default, anything under HOME uses the master template and overlay, while others use the device template and overlay. If a device template isn't defined it will use the master.

If you edit the properties for the page group you should be able to change which template is used.