PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start?

Chassmain
November 9th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hey guys,

New to the whole Girder/NetRemote/NetRemote Designer thing and am a bit overwhelmed. Where do I start?!?

I understand automation, controls, and the methodology behind Girder. I've even gotten a few sample routines going with girder, but the integration with NetRemote and how I can make my own NetRemote screen seems a bit daunting. Where should I start so that I can gradually learn these programs from the ground up.

My ultimate goal would be to make a 240 x 1080 control display for the right side of my PC that would give status and allow control of various components throughout the house. How would you go about making this graphic. What software would you use for actual screen design.

Lots of questions I know. Thank you anyone for the help

jwilson56
November 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Well you would use Netremote Designer to create the CCF for Netremote. You can start by loading the demo CCF's like the Flat Style as well as some in use ones in the download section. Thats where I started. Some control is done through Device Manager and other methods is simply by creating a Girder event that is sent when a button is pressed. Girder picks this event up and you then can have it do anything you want (like send an IR command(s) or anything else Girder can do).

As for the graphic images themselves. You can either borrow from other peoples CCF's or create your own with programs like Photoshop or Inkscape which is free.

http://www.inkscape.org/