PDA

View Full Version : Why does win.GetCPUUsage not work?

VSDomotics
November 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Any idea why win.GetCPUUsage does not work on my HP Centrino laptop? It worked fine on my HP Proliant Server (XEON).
win.GetMemoryUsage works fine on both.

print(win.GetCPUUsage()) gives always 0.

(BTW I am not ready yet for Girder 5)

Rob H
November 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea, I'll have to leave this one for Ron to deal with.

Ron
November 20th, 2008, 01:30 PM
What OS are you on?

VSDomotics
November 21st, 2008, 09:07 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention.

It's XP SP3.

jwilson56
November 21st, 2008, 11:52 AM
hey Ron anyway we could get the CPU usage for the Netremote client so we could display it on a NR screen. That would be very useful. No hurry

VSDomotics
November 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
F.y.i.
I use the GetCPUUsage in Girder to send it to NetRemote to display it there.

jwilson56
November 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM
Well that might work if Girder is running on the same system you want to monitor the CPU usage on.

VSDomotics
November 21st, 2008, 03:16 PM
John, I have always used it that way. Girder monitors the CPU Usage on the machine it runs on and sends it to NetRemote.
After changing machine where Girder runs on, the GetCPUUsage function does not work anymore. Setup however is exactly the same. Looks like the function can't pull the processor data on this Centrino machine.

Ron
November 21st, 2008, 05:55 PM
I am wondering if that CPU simply does not support the function we use to query the cpu state. I'm afraid its unlikely we'll be able to do anything about this in G4.

jwilson56
November 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
John, I have always used it that way. Girder monitors the CPU Usage on the machine it runs on and sends it to NetRemote.
After changing machine where Girder runs on, the GetCPUUsage function does not work anymore. Setup however is exactly the same. Looks like the function can't pull the processor data on this Centrino machine.

That's not what I meant. I meant that if you want to display the CPU usage for the NR client itself and G was running on a server then it would not give you the CPU usage for the client PC. I was just wondering if there was a way of having NR be able to able to get this also.