PDA

View Full Version : Images

snotneus
November 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi there,

Question about NetRemote Designer and *.png images.
At the moment I am developing an interface for my Touchscreen.
The actual developing is done on my desktop.
I am using images for buttons, and i have placed them in User\Documents.
This is the same directory as the *.ccf and the *.lua files can be found.

After testing, I have copied the *.cff, *.lua and the *.png files to the Touchscreen directory User\Documents.

However, running NetRemote at the Touchscreen, shows NR is using the correct *.cff and *.lua, but NR is not showing the *.png files.

How can I overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Rob H
November 24th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I'm a bit confused about what you're doing with these PNG files? Are you using variable images on the buttons and using NetRemote.SetImageVariable to load the images at runtime?

Normally NetRemote doesn't access any external image files unless you tell it to, the images are usually embedded in the CCF file itself.

cyberhatter
November 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM
(FWIW)
I use png(s) for buttons, etc by importing them into the loaded image gallery... then by placing them with the image picker. If you place an image into NRD then later edit the png (after they've been placed) there's a chance the file extension has been changed - I'd turn off "hide file extensions" in the view file options for the graphics folder you're having a problem with and confirm the .png extensions.

snotneus
November 25th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Thank you both for the quick reply.
I am using the *.png images for buttons.
Actually I downloaded them from the Promixis website, "Buttons50.zip".

It seems to be as Rob wrote in his reply, the images are embedded into the *cff.
This made me think whether I was really using the right *.cff for NetRemote running on my Touchscreen.
It turned out that, because the Touchscreen is running XP Embedded, I had turned on the EWF filter, so the copied files had disappeared after rebooting the Touchscreen.

After turning off the EWF filter everything works great.

So, thank you both for the support.

Regards