PDA

View Full Version : Calling Mediabridge Plugin writers

Rob H
November 29th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I was just wondering how many third-party MB plugins we have around.

The reason for asking is that I'd like to make some small changes to the interfaces - actually mostly name changes e.g. prefixing interface names with 'I' e.g. MBItem will become IMBItem, MBMixer will become IMBMixer.

The motivation for this is a reorganisation of the source code, but before I move the individual classes and interfaces into separate files I need to ensure that their names are appropriate otherwise it all ends up as a huge mess.

I also hope to improve the documentation as I do this, filling in the gaps in the docs of the various interfaces as I go.

iolaus
March 6th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Rob,

As far as I'm concerned that would be a welcome change. The documentation (as you mentioned) could also use a good deal of improvement. How the different interfaces are used, why/when you should create your own classes that implement them, how MB communicates with the plug-in, etc. would all be great topics to elaborate on.

Also, the current plug-in example is helpful but not totally illuminating. Perhaps a more real-world example that actually controls some player would be helpful.

-Ryan