PDA

View Full Version : Send an IR code

sonata31
December 11th, 2008, 04:00 AM
How to send an IR code from a lua script ?

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Have you seen this thread? http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17771&highlight=SendIR

It should work for other IR plugin instances than the GlobalCaché

sonata31
December 11th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Thank You, I look at this

sonata31
December 11th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Where find the use of SendIR and StopIR ?

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 06:45 AM
As far as I can tell that thread is the only mention of it - it obviously should be in the manual, but isn't :(

irinstance:SendIR takes 3 parameters,

mode - one of irinstance.PRONTO_BINARY or irinstance.PRONTO_STRING
repeat - boolean whether the code should repeat
data - either binary or CCF formatted IR data depending on the mode parameter

StopIR takes no parameters - I'm not sure but I think it is probably only required if the repeat flag is true in the call to SendIR

sonata31
December 11th, 2008, 08:42 AM
As far as I can tell that thread is the only mention of it - it obviously should be in the manual, but isn't :(

irinstance:SendIR takes 3 parameters,

mode - one of irinstance.PRONTO_BINARY or irinstance.PRONTO_STRING
repeat - boolean whether the code should repeat
data - either binary or CCF formatted IR data depending on the mode parameter

StopIR takes no parameters - I'm not sure but I think it is probably only required if the repeat flag is true in the call to SendIR

What is the difference between PRONTO_BINARY and PRONTO_STRING ?

Rob H
December 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM
PRONTO_STRING is the more human-readable version of an IR code and is what you would see in e.g. NRD - ie groups of 4 hex digits separated by spaces. NR converts these to the binary format for you. For reasons of speed I assume, it also lets you specify the direct binary format of the IR code, but to be honest I'd stick with PRONTO_STRING format.

sonata31
December 11th, 2008, 09:29 AM
PRONTO_STRING is the more human-readable version of an IR code and is what you would see in e.g. NRD - ie groups of 4 hex digits separated by spaces. NR converts these to the binary format for you. For reasons of speed I assume, it also lets you specify the direct binary format of the IR code, but to be honest I'd stick with PRONTO_STRING format.

Ok, Thank You for these explanations