PDA

View Full Version : USB-UIRT availability?

kdk_warhead
January 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
The USB-UIRT seems to be out of stock and I think it has been for a long time. Will that change soon:confused:

Iím interested to buy Netremote & a USB-UIRT from Promixis so that I can control my projector/receiver and other IR gizmos with my phone (HTC Touch Cruise) when Iím at home. I have no need for X10 or things like that so I guest that I doesnít need Girder.

Is it possible to pay with PayPal?

NeoMorph
January 14th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Ron told me that they won't be dealing with USB-UIRT now due to some problems with sorting out the money.

Your best bet is to go to the USB-UIRT website and order from there like I did.

http://www.usbuirt.com/order.htm

Ron
January 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Just to be clear, we did not have problems sorting out the money

However at the price point we had the units listed we could not make even the slightest profit. We might reintroduce them a bit more expensive. Just don't hold your breath. It depends strongly on us finding a good way to do fulfillment. Suggestions welcome

NeoMorph
January 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry Ron... it was a while ago and my memory isn't the best and I remembered it was something to do with the money side of things but not what precisely.

I found the post where you told me now though...

Sorry, we are currently not selling these units. Too much trouble with the S&H service we were using.

I do know that I did manage to get my 2nd one eventually (they were out of stock in the UK at the time) and I'm still very happy with it. I got a 2nd one because I didn't want to end up without one if it failed as it is a major component in my home automation system.

Delivery wasn't fast (because they were out of stock) but you will eventually get it and it's an A++++ piece of kit. When you realise that they are all hand made it probably adds to the cost and it's worth it.

It's strange why he's not sorted out some proper mass production system by now.

kdk_warhead
January 15th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I ordered one yester day for 35+5 GBP on Ebay (thefilterman001). The same device was 55+20 dollars from usbuirt_com. Did save some money and I hope I get the device. My experience from Ebay is very good.

I also bought Netremote from Promixis. I really hope that it will work :)

NeoMorph
January 15th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Netremote and Girder are wonderful but can be difficult to use for the beginner... but once you realise the actual power they have to do things you wouldn't think of then you realise they are well worth the cost.

The way NetRemote 2 and Girder 5 talk to each other is awesome.

Actually I bought a USB-UIRT before I knew about Promixis products... I'm glad Jon Rhees pointed me to here because I've been a girder user since version 3.2.

Like it says in my sig... I'm a dedicated Promixian fan :) (oh and if you wonder what ANNA is it's my automation system I created using Netremote and Girder... Accessible Network Neighbourhood Automation)

kdk_warhead
January 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I tried "Netremote trail" for about a year ago and it looked good but I couldnít test it properly because I didn't have a Uirt. I think it will be fun to figure it out :)

NeoMorph
January 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Using the USB-UIRT since Girder 5 has made the whole experience a lot better. It feels more like it's part of the system rather than a plugin in fact.

I've used the USB-UIRT with girder since version 3.2 so I think I've had a decent bit of experience with it.

Oh and the current version of the USB-UIRT seems better than my older one for some reason... I recently bought another one you see (didn't want to have one fail and lose the main part of my automation system) and found that the IR transmitter seems a lot stronger. So strong in fact that it can fill a small room with the IR signal even if the target is sitting right next to the transmitter and it has to bounce the IR signal off the far wall... I did think I was going to have to use IR stickons to get the signal to my hifi stack units but I haven't needed too since I got the new UIRT.

Most impressed!