PDA

View Full Version : MCE - infrared

Rojoyinc
January 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know where to go... I've searched the net - nothing.

Here's teh deal - I have a Adaptec AVC-3610 dual TV tuner. It has worked perfectly and I love it.

recently I had a C drive crash (have had many and always reinstalled this thing fine) this time - it runs and I get TV input, but the IR doesn't seem to work.

I tried installing it on my laptop (WORKS) on my desktop doesn't... Seems it can only be a driver? but what? where - tried reloading them.

The problem is in MCE when you go to train the setup program by entering 0,0 1,1,2,2,3,3... etc It doesn't respond to my button inputs. I know it's working (remote and hardware) as I said it works on my laptop.

the only difference would be drivers? any ideas how to fix this problem?
Also I can't get MSFT NET framework 2.0 to install - it errors part way through. (this is common I found on the net) and I wonder if they can be related?

Rojoyinc
January 19th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I posted my above post elsewhere, but I think I was in the wrong thread. (Sorry to cross post).

My question now comes to mind. Where are the IR codes (learned codes)
stored for MCE? since my laptop has them and works - if I could copy the code file to the desktop... it should work.

??

Rob H
January 20th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Are you sure the USB port you're plugging it into is a USB 2 port and not the slower USB 1.1?

Rojoyinc
January 20th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Yes, I only have 2.0 ports (Dell XPS 700)

I've also tried several of the ports, video transmits fine, appears to be a problem in MCE.

I read on another site something about this happening when the 2005 MEC rollup is install. I had done that and all updates while restoring my C: drive.

Though the fix I read on that site hasn't worked.

I also uninstalled the rollups and add/remove programs and I still have the problem. I'd like to be able to un-install and re-install MCE from the original CD. not sure if that's possible. Will go check.