PDA

View Full Version : X10 Marmitek Safeguard Security Alarm System SC9000

Solosid
February 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hi All,

Can this be monitored and controlled through Girder?

Cheers

Mark

VicVonDoom
February 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
doesn't look like it.
looks to be a cheap radio alarm panel that can send x10 commands to lamp modules and the like, so you can turn a lamp on when the alarm is 'armed'. Handy to know if you carry a swag bag to work...

Solosid
February 4th, 2009, 04:10 PM
urrrmmmm... did wonder... price etc...

what's the UK choice of integrated security system...

can we use the 'elk' over here?

cheers

Mark

VicVonDoom
February 9th, 2009, 11:46 AM
sometime this/next week i've got a Honeywell Galaxy intruder alarm panel to fit, its also got an add on rs232 interface...
I'd quite like to pull apart the serial protocol (its not published due to it being a security device!)

Its also got a control room software that lets you see zone status, etc...

i'll start another thread if i get time to play with it....

Thought i'd also mention the costs (this is a high end/commercial environment product)
Controller 200ish
RS232 add on 150ish
Zone expander (addditional 8 zones) 150ish

I think they also do a Network Add on but can't get my hands on one at the mo'

VicVonDoom
February 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Just thought, theres a DSC alarm plugin in girder - they are available in the uk. That might fit your bill.
Funny enough, I had a contract (many years ago) with the british gas to fit them on their behalf!
I'll have a check in the shed when the snow has thawed out, they may have over stocked me ;)

VicVonDoom
February 13th, 2009, 04:44 PM
ATO Rob/Ron

Did this plugin get binned? I can't find it for the life of me....

Solosid
February 13th, 2009, 04:46 PM
mmmm sound interesting...

does it 'talk' both ways...status problems etc

how does it connect to the PC?

Cheers

Mark

ps... just ordered a bit of kit to allow 2 mics & 2 guitars to connect to the input on the pc and blast it out over WHAudio

VicVonDoom
February 13th, 2009, 04:52 PM
conx rs232(2way) - i think. I'll have a butchers over the weekend....

ps... just ordered a bit of kit to allow 2 mics & 2 guitars to connect to the input on the pc and blast it out over WHAudio

Blast out some GNFR for me!

Ron
February 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I at some point was working with an installer on this, sadly his project didn't go through and thus that plugin never materialized. :(

VicVonDoom
February 13th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I at some point was working with an installer on this, sadly his project didn't go through and thus that plugin never materialized.

Is the plugin:
On hold (i.e. looking for someone with one in his shed ;) ) or
Dead end & in the bin?

If you need a tester, i might be able to help... this could be usefull for us UK'ers :D

On a seperate note, i have aquired (prior to install) an Ademco / Microtech / Honeywell "Galaxy 520" alarm panel which has on board rs232 & is recognised worldwide (upto 520 alarm zones) - fancy lending a hand? (crestron have a plugin........)

Ron
February 13th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I think I got a tiny bit of code going really not worth mentioning :(

Currently I am afraid it's on the back burner.

VicVonDoom
February 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Bummer. It uses SIA protocol which is standard-ish across most intruder alarms & would allow them to connect to girder...