PDA

View Full Version : Selected Stae Rule Bug

dsmes
February 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
Rob, per your request, this is a continuation of thread http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19550
OK, this turns out to be a NRD bug. I copied a state frame and then edited the first Lua state rule with the new "output" NR variable name which was for the "Off" state. When I went to edit the second state for the "On" state, the variable name in the Lua state rule was already changed to what I just edited. I thought "Cool, NRD automatically updates all the states with the same NR variable name!" WRONG... I didn't discover that this wasn't so until I edited the second state rule first. Then it showed the former unedited NR variable name. Once I changed it, the CCF states worked correctly.To be more specific, I have a state frame with three states: Default, State 1, and State 2. States 1 & 2 have associated rules. When I edit State 1 of the existing frame with the NR variables already present, the "Selected State" dialog "Rule" entry shows the NR variable already present. When I edit this NR variable and change its name, and then select State 2... WOW... there it is, the NR variable name has changed to what I edited in State 1. Not so. If I close everything and re-open the frame and click State 2 FIRST, I will see the old (un-edited) NR variable name.

I find that it's a good idea to include \ in the list of variable delimiters in the options dialog so that it's split into the a tree structure. You are using the refresh button aren't you?I'm not sure what you mean by including a "\". Please explain (or is this directed at the plugin author?).

Regarding the refresh button, I try not to because it takes many minutes to refresh (see this thread (http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19199)). But I do understand that a refresh is necessary to see changed NR variables. However, in the case of the ElkM1EZ8 plugin, I repeatedly see NR variables that were present on one refresh disappear on the next refresh. The reason I know they are still present somewhere is that the NR variable value displays correctly in a NR CCF. But in NRD, the NR variable does not show in the variable inspector.

Rob H
February 3rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks, I'll see if I can reproduce this.

On point 2 - I mean to go into the Tools|Preferences dialog and add \ as a delimiter if you haven't done that already

dsmes
February 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM
On point 2 - I mean to go into the Tools|Preferences dialog and add \ as a delimiter if you haven't done that alreadyRob, this is a GREAT tip. It makes the variable inspector SO much more readable!

Rob H
February 14th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I should probably include '\' in the default setting I guess.

dsmes
February 14th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Where did the \ delimited convention come from in the first place? When referencing NR variables with a \ one needs to remember to use \\ in the Lua code referencing that NR variable. Just curious.

Rob H
February 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM
We discussed this quite a lot as I recall. There were arguments in favour of e.g. '/', however it was pointed out that you may want to use this to describe something like a location e.g. kitchen/diner. And people are used to using \ in file paths.

I would recommend always using [[ ]] notation for strings