PDA

View Full Version : JRMC Volumes

Solosid
February 14th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Hi All,

I have JRMC13 running with NR2 & Girder5whp

1 have a 1010Delta running a 5 zone WholeHouseAudio (WHA) through a zoned amp (not connected fully yet...waiting for mono to phono leads)

I have noticed the volumes all changing to the same level because Rick has create some lua to see the zone state and volumes.

see...

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?p=134478#post134478

---Anyway

what I would like to know is what do I set the volume option to 'application' 'internal' or 'system'

the reason is...if I set to application.... the NR slider does not pick up the change in volume when I click my created quick volume buttons
ie
set volume to 10, 40, 70

and what are the differences between the options

is it possible to tell the slider what zone its controlling at that time and display its value or will the correct settings sort that out

cheers
Mark

harleydude
February 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I do not use JRMC to control the volume of my music. In fact, I have JRMC set to start at full volume and use my amp to control the actual volume. Also my volume setting in JRMC is set to System, not sure what the difference is.

Since I don't use the slider for JRMC volume, can't help with the slider issue.

Solosid
February 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hi All,

Thank Rick for the post....

So I suppose this it directed at John Wilson (or other JRMC diehards)

how do you control the volume 'DISPLAY' when changing zones...

Cheers

Mark

VicVonDoom
February 15th, 2009, 03:25 PM
make a frame with this as its name

{MP.Volume}
should let you see the currently selected zone's volume...

theres a bunch of these variables for the currently selected zone in Netremote customisation guide>Actions and Variables reference>MediaBridge plugin>the lot that start with {MP.whatever variable}

Your JRMC volume settings want to be set to 'Internal' for NR to control them (going by memory so prob wrong ;) )

Solosid
April 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi All,

I have set up my delta 1010 volumes to control JRMC zones.

the problem is I can toggle mute but when muted i cannot set the volume to say '20'

in other words it won't come out of mute by selecting a volume.

what am i doing wrong?

cheers

Mark

jwilson56
April 29th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry I use the volume control on my amps also. One very good reason is that since I also have six tuners to use it wouldn't make much sense to try and control volume for only the JRMC source.