PDA

View Full Version : .NET NetRemote Plug-In?

iolaus
March 4th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Is it possible to write a NetRemote plug-in in C#? I know I can write a MediaBridge plug-in in C# but I'm afraid the MediaBridge API will not be robust enough to do everything I'd like.

If it is possible, is there any documentation or possibly an example available?

Rob H
March 4th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'm afraid it isn't possible with NetRemote 2, or if it is then I have no idea how you'd go about it.

Kaoh
August 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I gave this a short study.
The Netremote exe exposes some COM stuff that are usable in .net to base interfaces on.
However it seems to be incomplete to match the plugin driver example from the SDK.
Basicly all we need to make c# plguins is an simple interop dll with all the interfaces exposed that we need.
I think it is rather simple in cpp with the driver example but I do not master cpp and have no vs cpp installed.
It would be awesome if we were able to create plugins in c#, and I do think most of the work is done allready.
There is a NetRemoteCOM header, but it seems to miss a COM header for the driver_header header...

I would be willing to invest time into this, if you people make a interop dll that exposes the interfaces then I can try to see if we can make a working plugin from it.