PDA

View Full Version : My latest CCF

Rob H
March 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Here's just a taster of my latest CCF - taking longer than I'd like since I have to fit in work on it when I can. Note the reflections of the cover images.

jwilson56
March 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM
That is cool... how did you do the reflections?

Rob H
March 15th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Requires the use of the latest mediabridge (and NR preferably).

Added an extra image variable button to the frame using MP.GACL.Items[<LoopIndex>].Transformed.Image as the image variable, that is one third the height of the original cover image.

When creating the GAC I add the following parameter to the table

Transform=Mirror:Y;Fade:Down;Height:33

That tells Mediabridge to mirror the cover image in the Y direction, fade it to transparent downwards and make it 33% of the height of the original.

It's also probably a good idea for quality reasons to convert to the latest CCF format and use the new image variable properties to shrink the images only and maintain aspect ratio.

etron
March 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Looks great!

Btw, you can not see this image without being forced to log in. It might make more sense (from a marketing perspective) to allow guests to see images, since NetRemote is all about design. Just my 2 cents.

Rob H
March 15th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks.

That's a good point, I'm not sure whether the BBS software we use supports that option - that's one for Ron.

maxthebuilder
March 16th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Is it going to be released? At least a sample?

Here's just a taster of my latest CCF - taking longer than I'd like since I have to fit in work on it when I can. Note the reflections of the cover images.

pfeifer
March 16th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Is it going to be released? At least a sample?

For me too.....
Pfeifer

Rob H
March 16th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Probably, yeah, once I've done a bit more work on it.

VicVonDoom
March 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Nice Work! Only one word describes this feature "Mmmmmmm"!!
I can see a lot of fancy ccf's being fashioned now - Just when we thought they were nearly finished!

Any danger of posting a quick sample showing us how use this new fangled Ipod-ism? Does it slow down the GACing much?

Rob H
March 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
See msg #3 in this thread - that's pretty much it.

x1nick
March 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hate to sound stupid, but GAC what is this?

Solosid
March 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I think from my few months learning all this stuff that

GAC stands for Get Album Cover..but has been adapted to retrieve all sorts of information

hope that helps

Mark

x1nick
March 19th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Hmm, still don't understand where I would put the transform properties?

Rob H
March 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
In the .lua file you'll be creating a GAC - something like this (from FlatStyle)

mygacl = GAC:new{var='GACL',includeSubItemCount=1,imageSize ='S', fields='Album,Album Artist (auto)',count=20, useGP=1, };

The corresponding call with a transform might be

mygacl = GAC:new{var='GACL',includeSubItemCount=0,imageSize ='M', fields='Album,Album Artist (auto)',count=20, useGP=1, Transform="Mirror:Y;Fade:Down;Height:33"};

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Ok.... is there a way to transform the album cover image that is contained in the MP.PlayingNowCover variable and display it?

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Not directly, but if you use the trick that the Flatstyle CCF does and create a single cover GAC for each of the Playing now, Next and Prev covers then you can use the same transformation there.

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 07:52 PM
In the .lua file you'll be creating a GAC - something like this (from FlatStyle)

mygacl = GAC:new{var='GACL',includeSubItemCount=1,imageSize ='S', fields='Album,Album Artist (auto)',count=20, useGP=1, };

The corresponding call with a transform might be

mygacl = GAC:new{var='GACL',includeSubItemCount=0,imageSize ='M', fields='Album,Album Artist (auto)',count=20, useGP=1, Transform="Mirror:Y;Fade:Down;Height:33"};

Ok will try that. For the un-mirrored cover I think I would use MP.GACL.Items[0].Image as the Image Variable

What would I use for the Image Variable to see the transformed one?

Rob H
April 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
That would be MP.GACL.Items[0].Transformed.Image

jwilson56
April 7th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks... got it working...

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?p=135732#post135732

Rob H
April 8th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Cool, I think the reflection looks rather good