PDA

View Full Version : Refresh Library?

iolaus
March 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
It would appear from my testing that NetRemote caches each node of the library after the first time it is retrieved. Is there any way for a Media Bridge plug-in to inform NetRemote that there is new data available in the library?

I need something like this because the method I'm currently using to retrieve media data is slow. I'm loading the library data asynchronously trying to make the media files show up in the library as I retrieve them from the source. I would think the ability to do updates would also be useful for times when new files are added to the library.

Rob H
March 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
NetRemote doesn't cache anything except sort of the data for the current page.

Is your plugin a caching one?

iolaus
March 22nd, 2009, 01:30 AM
NetRemote doesn't cache anything except sort of the data for the current page.

Is your plugin a caching one?

My plug-in isn't caching (doesn't inherit from CachingPlugInstance). When I collapse a node in the Library and re-open it my plug-in's GetLibrary method doesn't seem to be called again. That is what I meant by NR caching. Is there any way to let NR know that it should call GetLibrary again because library data has been updated?

Rob H
March 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Ah, I'd forgetten about the tree view - you know I don't think I've ever used it. I'll take a look and get back to you on that.

iolaus
April 1st, 2009, 10:21 PM
Hey Rob,

Just wanted to check in and see if there is any word on this.

Thanks.

Rob H
April 2nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
It's still on my list.