PDA

View Full Version : Newbie asking for assistance...

donaldehill
April 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM
While using NetRemote designer, I go through the action of creating a Number Keypad to enter my Comcast cable channel numbers.

Here's what happens, I create an action and tell it to send an action to Girder and all seems fine. But what ends up happening is my my action ends up being deleted. Some entries are being saved but for the most part, they end up getting wiped out of remote designer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jwilson56
April 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Well currently you need to make sure you use the properties area and not double click on the item and change it there... Rob has promised a new version release soon. He is in the process of switching things over to that new properties area so sometime the old way wipes out the action. Happens to me now and then. So its a known issue that is being fixed soon... not soon enough as I spent many hours last week working on a new skin.....could have used it.. hahaha

donaldehill
April 26th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks John for the fast reply. That fixed the issue. I'm really new to this. About a year ago, I bought my first flat screen pc and then got onboard with a media center pc and a Bose system (because I didn't know any beter ).

Then I woke up and realized I needed one remote to control it all. So, I picked up a Pronto TSU3500 and then I got bit by the automation bug.

I'm currently just looking to use Girder and Netremote to run from a closet where I have a receiver, DVR, DVD player and an HDMI switch. I figured it would be pretty easy to grab a gml file and a ccf and just modify it for my needs. But got hammered with the "no save" issue...Thanks for the help.

Wondering if there is a spot where folks have parked their gml files and ccf files for download. It's nice to not have to re-invent the wheel...

Thanks

jwilson56
April 26th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Well there are some older ones in the download section but not many current ones uploaded that are NR2/G5 level. Of coarse most people like myself start out playing with the Flatstyle Demo CCF or the new-pro_480x640.ccf. These should be in your My Documents from the install.

Copying and pasting from demo's are the easiest way to learn this stuff... we all do it.

Have fun and good luck.....

donaldehill
April 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks John. I'm up and running now. I think I've got a plan of attack now. I appreciate the assistance.