PDA

View Full Version : Component Gallery

jwilson56
April 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Was looking at the Component Gallery finally..... tried a test CCF and wanted to drop a slider to control one of my lights. After a few minutes of trying to guess what the parameter settings needed to be I gave up.

Here is a screen capture of my NR variables. I wanted to use Light 7. Which one is used for 'device' and which one for 'control'?

Rob H
April 30th, 2009, 09:19 AM
The control would be Level and everything before the last '\' would be the device.

jwilson56
April 30th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Ok here is what I have. If I control the light via Girder the slider will move but moving the slider does not control the light level.

PS I just added a switch component and it worked fine so it just seems that the slider for a dimming light doesn't. Also what is the Device Manager Label Control for and how is it used?

jwilson56
April 30th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Also another small complaint. It is great that we can name devices in Girder 5 DM but yet we cann't use those names in NR/NRD. So Light 7 is my Den and yet I still have to somehow remember that when I go to select that in the parameters. Just doesn't make it easy.

jwilson56
April 30th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Slider bug was verified by someone else....

Rob H
April 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I'll check out the slider issue - it's possible the component.lua file is broken though. Can you check with e.g. DebugView that there are no errors from that?

Rob H
April 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Also another small complaint. It is great that we can name devices in Girder 5 DM but yet we cann't use those names in NR/NRD. So Light 7 is my Den and yet I still have to somehow remember that when I go to select that in the parameters. Just doesn't make it easy.

I'm not sure if the names are currently passed over to NR, I suppose they must be. I can't use them directly since they're not guaranteed unique.

jwilson56
May 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I am getting ready to show someone how they can control their lights with NR. So I really could use that Slider bug fixed... Rob hope it makes the new release

Rob H
May 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Did you check in DebugView for any errors when you load the CCF?

jwilson56
May 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Didn't see any... the Switch Component works and I can see the Slider getting updated if I change it from Girder... its just not sending to Girder.

Rob H
May 4th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Can you post the *_component.lua file here?

jwilson56
May 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Here it is

Rob H
May 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
And there's only one instance of Girder accessible to this copy of NetRemote?

Can you just confirm that line 61 of NR's luascript\DMCore.lua defines the function DM.WatchControl ?

jwilson56
May 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Only one instance of Girder and here is line 61:

function DM.WatchControl(ctrlName)
DM.RegisterUpdater(function() DM.RegisterVariableWatch(ctrlName, DM.GetGirderInstance()) end)
end

Also harleydude has verified this bug on his system as well

jwilson56
May 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Slider bug is fixed....

jwilson56
May 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Rob do you have any documentation for creating objects for the Component Gallery? Maybe we could get some people to submit some slider and buttons for people to use. Also any other objects planned in the near future...

(we need to clone you... hehehe)

Rob H
May 12th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I'll see what I can come up with