PDA

View Full Version : Text Edit Box Component Bug

jwilson56
May 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
This is a long standing bug. No matter what image is chosen for a Text Edit Box Component it shows up white when running in NR. I double checked the Flatsytle CCF and it does the same thing for Playlist save.

I put in a ticket... not sure if this is a NRD bug or NR... it shows up ok in NRD but it always shows up as a white box in NR.

Rob H
May 12th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Most likely it's in NR.

Rob H
May 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hmm... I don't think it's actually a bug in NR after all - it's not really supposed to support images (assuming this is the NRBasic Text Edit box?)

NRD probably shouldn't display the image though.

It should however let you select foreground and background colours.

jwilson56
May 13th, 2009, 06:33 AM
How about transparent background and foreground colors? Then you might be able to have it placed over an image?

Rob H
May 13th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Don't think that's possible since it's actually a 'window' (ie an HWND) and they can't be transparent unless they're top-level windows.

jwilson56
May 13th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Well then it would at be nice to be able to change the foreground and background colors.

Rob H
May 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Is that not working for you then? It should use the colours from the Up substate of the current state.

jwilson56
May 13th, 2009, 08:36 AM
It shows up with the right colors in NRD but its pure white in NR

Rob H
May 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Now that sounds like a bug!

Later... however, it works for me!

Do you have an example where it doesn't?

jwilson56
May 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Ok I took the Flatsytle CCF and used the Save Playlist text box and removed the graphic image. I then made the foreground white and the background black. It shows up like that in NRD as shown in screen capture #1. The second screen capture shows that it appears as a white box in NR.

Rob H
May 13th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Nope, still can't reproduce it, ie it works for me.

I did wonder whether it was because there was an image assigned to that button, but it works whether the image is there or not.

Very strange.

jwilson56
May 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I created a new text box and your right it works... but the existing one in the Flatstyle displays as white no matter what. Will re-create all mine

Rob H
May 13th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Very odd, can't see a reason for that