PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote-Suite-2.0.20.143 install - msvcr71.dll

CharlesC
June 12th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I'm trying to install the above.
It says it is trying to download the above file, which is apparently missing. The connection cannot be resolved, and it just sits there until cancelled.

I have downloaded a copy of the file, and put it in c:\windows\system, and in the Promixis folder.

Still no progress on allowing the install to continue.

Any ideas what is happening?

Rob H
June 12th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Hmm... it worked okay here the other day, so something may have happened in the meantime

CharlesC
July 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
Rob, I'm just checking back in on this.

Was there any confirmation/solution to this?

Any thoughts?

Rob H
July 3rd, 2009, 05:48 AM
That file is certainly available - but it should go in the System32 folder (or SysWow64 if you're running on Vista64)

CharlesC
July 3rd, 2009, 06:39 AM
OK, I'll try that.

But any reason the installer didn't put it where it expected it/needed it to go?

Rob H
July 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
I can only assume that there was a temporary problem establishing a connection to www.netremote.org which is where the installer was trying to download the files from.

swampcat
August 11th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Hi Rob H
I have the same problem with connecting to netremote.org when installing. 3 years ago when I first tried Netremote, it was fine. No problems. Between that time and now its a hit or miss thing.... and its especially embarassing when I recommend this software to other people but they are not able to install. Are you sure you're not blocking a range of ip addresses, say, from asia region? I think I mentioned this downloading problem some time ago as well... Anyways its still happening to me.

To get around this downloading issue, I have to copy two files from my windwos folder to the new computers' like what CharlesC did.

Perhaps you could post the necessary files on the forum so first time users with problems can proceed with installation.

Rob H
August 11th, 2009, 12:02 PM
May be worth moving the files to another location with more guaranteed availability.

CharlesC
August 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
May be worth moving the files to another location with more guaranteed availability.
That sounds like a good action plan.

swampcat
August 13th, 2009, 03:37 AM
That's a good idea. I hate to see users turning away at the installation stage. I love Netremote. :)