PDA

View Full Version : Advent ADV3500PC 7" Portable GPS Navigation with built in Tablet PC

jwilson56
June 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Thought I would pass this along. Looks like a good deal

Description:

This is one powerful unit. Use it in your vehicle, at home, at the office, at your favorite coffee stop, or anywhere you please. It has a Windows XP operating system, 30GB Hard Drive, Wi-Fi, and an advanced GPS system with full maps of the USA and Canada with turn by turn verbal instructions (even speaks street names!). The Advent ADV3500PC 7-inch Windows XP Personal Computer with built-in portable navigation and Wi-Fi is powered by a 256MB memory and supported by a 30GB hard drive. The TV screen panel delivers a crystal-clear panel resolution of 800 x 480. Navigation includes full U.S./Canada mapping. It has a built-in Card Reader and two USB ports. The ADV3500PC is MP3 and Video Playback Compatible and comes with a headphone jack, rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, windshield mounting bracket, AC/DC adapters and a full functioning remote control. It is one of the first products to truly provide all of the features of a PC in an Ultra Mobile device designed for business and personal needs and with GPS Navigation and Bluetooth functions added.

Features
1.8? 30 GB Hard Drive
AC/DC Adapters
Bluetooth
Built-In Card Reader and Two USB Ports
Full Functioning Remote Control
Headphone Jack
Includes Windshield Mounting Bracket
MP3 and Video Playback Compatible
Panel Resolution 800 x 480
Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery
Turn By Turn Voice Prompts
USA and Canada Maps

Great price at $269.99

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=211223759

sirbooker
July 22nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hi John
Could you give us some feedback on this product
how well it works with netremote, speed
how long does it last on battery power ??
wifi range.
i would really like one of these units but am wondering about
battery life..

Regards Paul

jwilson56
July 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
NR works well on it... battery life is suppose to be 1.5-2 hours and WIFI seems typically normal for this kind of device. After using it for awhile I would say for the money it is a nice device although for weight and battery life I think I like using my Nokia 770 with RDP more but it does take a bit longer to get NR onscreen from bootup.

I see myself using this more as a table sitting device and powered on with adapter more than a carry around. Some people are using it as a car pc and I can say it would be great for that.

arsya
December 27th, 2010, 08:27 AM
hello!Can i use usb modem for internet with this item?thanks.