PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Image Variables

ph0n33z
June 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Is it possible to have a frame/button that cycles through a set of image variables every 10 seconds or so?

and (or)

What would be a good way of cycling through a set of image variables using left and right arrow keys? (Treating each image as a page, for instance, and going through the pages)

Thanks!

Rob H
June 23rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Elements (frames and buttons) can have multiple states if you use the latest CCF format. You could have each state use a different image variable, then you'd have to bind the arrow keys to hard keys and use the hard key's command to update a state variable.

This won't work if you have a variable number of images though.

ph0n33z
June 23rd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the prompt response, Rob!

The state part makes sense, but how do I bind a particular image variable to a state? It seems to only let you choose one in the image variable parameter.

Also, each of the images are for cameras, and are named camera01-16. They are set by a Girder script according to an URL.

Rob H
June 23rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
You need to upgrade the CCF format to the latest version to enable one image variable per state (in fact one per up/down state as well).

Right click on System in the tree and select Properties then update the file format to 1.1 revision 1.5.

This needs recent versions of both NRD and NR.

ph0n33z
June 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Wow, I never even knew that was an option. Thanks so much, Rob!

jwilson56
June 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Another way would be to have Girder set a new image from a particular folder every so many seconds. I have done something like that in the past to create a digital picture frame.