PDA

View Full Version : Macros not editable in NRD 2

Wilhelm
June 24th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I am trying really hard to finally use NRD 2 but I am constantly running against walls.
The newest thing is that I wanted to edit the macro actions in my CCF. Unfortunately, those are not displayed properly in NRD.
The Off macro is displayed like this:

Button Alias OFF
Button Alias OFF
Button Alias OFF
Button Alias OFF
Button Alias OFF
Button Alias OFF

Could anyone please tell me, how I should identify which action belongs to which device/panel? How should I edit theese?
I am glad, that I still have a Tonto-compatible version but I really want to use some NR 2 functions. Unfortunately I feel like running into a dead ends.
I am totally frustrated and thinking about buying a Philips or logitech remote.
What a disaster.

Wilhelm
June 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Just to make clear, whatr I mean:

marketability
June 25th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I find it easier if the buttons are named with a unique name then the alias's is easier to track - particularly if all the buttons you want to alias are on the same screen.

From memory - if you double click the alias it pops up with a tree that shows the page from which the alias is sourced.

Trust me :-) NRD is well worth a bit of patience!

Wilhelm
June 25th, 2009, 04:40 AM
From memory - if you double click the alias it pops up with a tree that shows the page from which the alias is sourced.
nope, sorry

Trust me :-) NRD is well worth a bit of patience!
How long? Trust me, I have been a Netremote user from Day 1 and since theese Version numbers begin with 2 I have been waiting for a usable combination.
My earliest Designer is from 07-02-2005. What do you think how long I should keep waiting?
Sorry but I really feel like giving up. Considering how many bugs there are and not only in designer but also in NR (especially Global Cache related) I think the only way to do something about it is to program it myself.

BTW Internally the buttons have unique identifiers, how could the work otherwise. (See the tonto screenshot)

marketability
June 25th, 2009, 08:05 AM
sorry - just trying to help

Rob H
June 25th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Ah I see what you mean, it really should be showing the full path to the button, not just the name. I never use button aliases, and I suspect that I'm not alone there. Fixed in the next build

Wilhelm
June 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Hi Rob,

thanks for responding to a frustrated customer. Yes, Please fix it!!

I never use button aliases, and I suspect that I'm not alone there. Fixed in the next build
If not, are you programming the same IR-code over and over again if you use it more than once? Or any other action?

Cheers
Wilhelm

Rob H
June 25th, 2009, 10:30 AM
If I use IR codes at all (which I rarely do - most of my equipment is controlled via RS232), then I store them in Girder rather than in the CCF.