PDA

View Full Version : designer2 IR Learning

Wilhelm
July 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Seems I stumble upon every bug there is:
Using NRD Build13 with USBUIRT

IR learning wizard does nothing, except crashing NRD when skip is beeing pressed (because of a NULL pointer exception).

Learning a button from action-> IR- Doubleclick learns the code, but after about 40 buttons the NRD crashed without warning and without raising an .NET exception. (that was fun!) Now I save after every single learning sequence.

Using the clipboard to copy certain buttons I also had various crashes, but that I couldn't reproduce.

BTW, why is loading the initial CCF taking for ages and loading a second CCF is nearly quick?

I'm not giving up yet, but i try to reduce editing to half an hour a day... ;-)

Cheers
Wilhelm

Rob H
July 2nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
I'll connect my USB-UIRT to my dev machine and see if I can reproduce this problem.

Re the loading time - what happens if you close NRD and reopen it, is it any quicker then? When you first load NRD and the first CCF it also opens any component gallery files. I did discover that it was reloading the gallery for each CCF but those files are probably then located in the cache.

Also the first time NRD loads it will be retrieving the Lua and NetRemote variables which can also slow things down, especially for complex CCFs

Wilhelm
July 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Hi Rob,

loading time is always the same, On my 1,6 GHZ Celeron Notebook it take about 5 minutes. On my dual core K7 it's a bit faster (About felt 2 Minutes). I have no lua in any file, no variables. The whole file is about 500K.

Just to add some bugs:
Snap to grid doesn't work any more in build 13, did in 11.
Gridsize cannot be adjusted, just is stuck on 5

Thank for answering so quick. Is it okay I add any bugs I discover to this thread, or should I create a new one for every find?

Rob H
July 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
You're quite right, it's actually starting on the wrong page.

That's fixed in the next build.

However I'm not really happy with that wizard, it's too easy to accidentally learn the same IR code twice to successive buttons, I'll see if I can improve things, but can't promise I'll be able to do that for the next build.